Earth Mode ON: SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"Okay Mr. Park Jimin," I said dramatically and it made him laugh.

"Okay. Um... did you have a boyfriend? Or someone you loved but just couldn't get together with?" He asked me.

I shook my head at him.

"I couldn't. It's not because I couldn't actually, it was because I didn't want to. Giving yourself away to someone is a step that I don't want to take. At least not now. It will only make things worse for me," I answered him.

"Okay. I am running out of questions, so you better save the situation and ask me something instead," he said and his eyes disappeared as he laughed to hide his shyness.

"Well... there is nothing that I want to ask really," I replied and rubbed the back of my neck.

It wasn't that I didn't want to ask him something. In fact, there were many aspects of his life that I was too interested to know about, but I just felt like it would be considered as invading his privacy if I brought myself to ask him all those questions freely.

"Come on! I'm sure there was this one thing you wanted to ask me if you ever met me in person! And here we are. Not only did you meet me, you also saved my life and now you get to save Taehyung's life and everything is going just great!" He said, leaving me with a completely blank head. There was literally nothing in my brain at that moment. It was as though my brain was comprised of nothing but vacuum and the moment a thought found its way near it, the vacuum present inside would crush it, leaving me thoughtless all over again. 

I just shook my head at him.

"No. There is nothing I want to ask," I replied with a smile.

He sighed and then said," Alright."

I didn't know why our mood flipped after that, but we just stopped talking. I thought that maybe it was because we have been talking too much to the point that we used up all the topics that humans could ever talk about. Instead of wasting our energy on talking further, we spent our time walking. Nothing about the next hour was different than the previous one. Time just seemed to pass and we only felt it when the sun rose or set.

Jimin and I had nothing to use to keep track of time. The problem with the two of us was that we refused to take a rest during the day because we were scared that we would be wasting time. Since walking around with nothing to do but look at the ground that we were limping on was extremely boring, time seemed to be passing really slow and that was why we couldn't depend on our senses. After a lot of consideration, Jimin and I finally decided that we should walk all day and rest all night. That was the only way we could keep track of time. Instead of using hours and minutes, Jimin and I had to experience the stone age by depending on the sun and the moon. Soon enough, the sun started to set and we took that as our cue to rest for the night.

Our surroundings were still pretty much the same no matter how far we walked, still the same, old, muddy grass. The river seemed to be stretched to infinity and no matter how much we walked, it was still walking by us.

Jimin and I dropped ourselves slowly to the ground, trying our best to sit down without feeling any form of pain. The colours of the sky got reflected on the water, causing it to look like a whole river of honey. The color of the setting sun also got reflected on Jimin's eyes, making it very hard for me to keep my eyes of his as he stared at the orange sky above us. The moment he noticed that I was staring at his eyes, I found myself involuntarily pretending like I was busy looking at something else behind him, but he wasn't stupid. In fact, I was the stupid one because there was nothing special behind Jimin that I could possibly look at.

"Ugh! Where the hell is Taehyung?" I asked myself as I stretched my legs out a bit.

I heard a faint sigh escape Jimin's mouth as he propped his body up against both of his arms, watching the sun take its final breath before finally disappearing completely.

"He really shouldn't have wandered off. Now we won't be able to find him no matter how much we walk," I mumbled to myself as I messed with the piece of cloth that was wrapped around my leg to pass time.

What followed next was silence. Silence silence and more silence. I didn't feel like talking and Jimin probably felt the same. All I could think about was what was going on inside Jimin's head at that very specific moment as he watched the sun get replaced by the moon, my best friend, the sole reason behind why I made it that far. It seemed as though Jimin appreciated the presence of the moon too, because his eyes shone the brightest whenever it came into contact with it.

I laid back and thought of only one thing next: the promise that I made to Jimin.

Taehyung is a promise that I must keep, and I will. But where the could he possibly be?

 But where the could he possibly be?

●●●●●●●●●●