Earth Mode ON: SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"You are such a nice girl, Seo Yeon. You really are," he said.

What does the word 'breathing' mean again? Oh, I wouldn't know.

"W-why are you being like that all of a sudden? I did nothing," I said faintly with a shy smile, cheeks burning more than the sun that was roasting the two of us.

"Nothing? Pfft, you are calling playing on the strings of my heart nothing. Ahh people don't understand much about human emotions anymore," He scoffed to himself, almost mumbled, but for some reason, I managed to hear every single word of it as though he was saying it loud enough for me to hear.

My face burned even more at what he said, but he only smiled without even looking at my face. He knew what he was doing and how it was affecting me.

"You know what? Maybe after all this is done, and we all go back to our own lives, we can still be friends," he said all of a sudden and rotated his head to the right to look into my eyes as he talked. His eyes disappeared as his lips rose with the most beautiful and precious smile ever.

Oh god.

Yes, Jimin, indeed, was my bias wrecker and you have no idea how much I was being wrecked at that moment.

"Sure," I said with a smile that was equivalent to his in sincerity.

"Okay. Why don't we get to know each other better? It seems as though you already know me well enough so why don't I start?" He asked me after a long, deep sigh, causing me to nod in response.

"Okay, so... how old are you?" He asked me.

"Twenty four. I was born in the same year as you and Taehyung. But don't worry, you both are still older than me," I said after I saw his eyes widen.

"Cool. What did you study in university?" He asked.

"Computer science," I answered back.

"Did you like what you studied?"

I paused for a moment and then looked down," No. I didn't. And I still don't."

"Why did you continue down this road then? Why didn't you change?" He asked me, face completely serious. I never knew Jimin was that chatty.

"I wanted to be an artist. I really loved art. It was the one thing I truly enjoyed doing. When I had to file in my admission report, my parents told me to choose something else. They told me being an artist doesn't give me a high status in this society. So they made me apply to Computer Science. They told me that everything in the future will be automated, and the ones who will be at an advantage are the ones who can code and make those machines. That's why I'm here, studying the subject I hate the most," I said.

He looked at me with hurt obvious in his eyes. To have an ARMY tell him that she didn't like what she does, that her dreams had been shattered by someone was probably something any Bangtan member would hate to hear and it would break them, considering that their message was to love ourselves and follow our dreams. I always followed that message, always found the need to spread it too, but not that time. If the whole world was in for me being an artist but my parents weren't, there was no way on Earth I would've done what I wanted, so I figured it was just destiny that brought me along with my enemy.

"But still. You already entered this road, so you might as well work on being special at what you do. Don't let the fact that you hate this subject bring you down. Prove yourself through it," he told me and it made me smile.

I nodded at him and said," I'll make sure to do that right after we survive."

"Good. That's good news. I'll ask your parents you know, so you better keep this promise," he said and it made me laugh. He was treating me like a ten year old, but while other people might just feel annoyed about it, I actually thought it was cute how he probably thought of me as his little sister or something.