Chapter 15

A couple weeks later, me and Noel were eating dinner at the kitchen table. We ate in silence. Noel was leaving the next morning to go to London and I had been in class all day and was tired. We finished eating and went upstairs. He got his suitcase out to pack and I sat on the bed watching him. I was really going to miss him and was regretting my decision not to go.

"I'm going to miss you so much."

"You could have come." he said quietly.

"Are you going to call me everyday?"

"Don't know about everyday, I'll be busy."

I felt he had been acting a little cold and distant all week, but kept telling myself I was imagining it. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off though and decided to confront him.

"Are you mad at me or something?"

"No." he shook his head, but didn't look at me. 

I sighed.

"Fine, I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Fine." He said quietly.

I rolled my eyes and went to take a shower. When I came out of the bathroom, he was in bed looking at his phone. I put my pajamas on and combed my hair then climbed into bed. He kept his eyes fixed on his phone.

"You wanna fool around?" I smiled.

He set his phone down on the nightstand.

"Nah, I'm tired and I have to get up early."

"But we won't see each other for a month."

He laid there staring at the ceiling so I leaned over and kissed his neck. He didn't move a muscle and it made me feel terrible. I sighed and laid back down. I tried to hold back the tears that were forming in my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He sighed.

"I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"What is your problem?" I yelled and wiped my eyes as I sat up.

"I don't have a problem, you wanna fuck?  Ok let's fuck."

"Don't force yourse..."

His lips were on mine before I could finish my sentence. I was mad at him, but I wouldn't see him for a month so I didn't push him away. He climbed on top of me as I laid back down and pushed my underwear down. He pushed his down and pushed inside me. He started moving and I moaned. It was hard to be mad when your body was experiencing such pleasure. We didn't make eye contact at all as we moved and we both finished quickly then laid there in silence. There was a lot I wanted to say, but didn't know where to start so I just turned away from him and closed my eyes. He did the same and we both eventually fell asleep. I woke up in the morning and Noel was walking out of the bedroom with his suitcase. I sat up.

"Noel."

He turned, walked back into the room and stood by the door.

"Are you leaving?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to wake you."

"You weren't going to say goodbye?"

He just stared at me.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing. I just think maybe it'd be better if we took a break."

"A break?" My heart started beating fast.

"You shouldn't lose your relationship with your parents because of me."

"That's on them not me."