chapter 15

A few days later. . . .

"W-what's going on?!!" Diake yelled out into the empty void. Looking around, there was nothing, and no one.

"So, you are the human that was immune to the Void," a feminine voice said out. It sounded like Kiana, but had a deeper octave than her.

"K-Kiana?" Diake asked out, as he was still unable to see anything.

And suddenly, everything in his surroundings became crystal clear.

He was standing on a concrete floor, but almost anything that was in the same altitude was gone. The floor itself was radial in shape, and although the floor was large, it pales in comparison of the amount of floors that did not exist. There were no walls, but much of the surroundings were in pure darkness that no light could penetrate through.

And soon, appeared Kiana. Or, someone who resembled Kiana. However, this Kiana was different, where her eyes, instead of the bright and energetic blue eyes, were an apathetic orange with crosshairs. Translucent wings seem to appear behind her back, as she floated above the floor.

"Hmph. No matter, you are just a pathetic human," 'Kiana' spoke. Realizing the difference between Kiana and this other being, Diake asked, "who the hell are you?"

"Are you that curious?" She asked with a sneer.

"At least tell me your name before my death," Diake stated, gripping his spear that he didn't know he had till then.

"Well, fair enough. I am, the Herscherr of the Void, Si--"

. . . . . . . . . .

The silver haired boy finally woke up.

His head was pounding as he slowly sat up with a groan. Looking around, he found himself in the infirmary of the Hyperion, as he remembered the the shelves and cabinets of medicine very well. He then remembered about his dream.

'Herscherr of the Void. . .' he thought, before a faint voice returned. Oddly enough, he didn't experience a headache.

"I see that you are awake," it stated.

"No shit," Diake replied, looking around.

"Do not bother looking for me. I am inside your head," it told the boy.

"So if I close my eyes and think, I can see you?" Diake asked.

"Hmph. You can try, but I am not sure if it works."

"Okay then."

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath, and began to think.

"Yes. You can definitely not see me," it told the boy.

"Shame. Wish I could see you," Diake told it.

"You plebeian. Your mind cannot comprehend what I am," the voice told him.

"What are you, then?" Diake asked.

"Must I mention it a second time?"

"Yes please. I completely forgot what you told me because--" suddenly Diake went with a slightly aggressive tone "--you gave me a bloody headache!!"

"Ah. Right. That was when I was in your head for the first time. Now I am quite accustomed with it."

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing." He then heard a sigh.

"I do not know who I am, but what matters is that you are immune to the Honkai."