chapter 14

"You've. . . You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

"Oh, no I'm not. You're going up against Mei Raiden."

"Kiana's love interest?!"

"What? You scared?"

"Of course I fucking am!"

Diake was currently sitting on one of the spectator's seat on the stands in the Battle Simulation. The room was as large as an auditorium, its floors a bright yellow and seemed to be made of wood, but in truth were actually made of some type of impenetrable steel. The walls were made of the same material, hence why there were no bullet holes or even craters that had ever once deformed the auditorium in any shape or form.

Currently there was a fight between a girl with dark blue hair and light purple eyes, with a pink battlesuit that seemed to protect her well, and wielded a katana that seemed advanced, against multiple numbers of holographic Honkais and robots at the same time.

"But you held your ground against Himeko--"

"That's because she held back! You're literally telling both me and her to go all out, which simply means that I am gonna fucking die!!"

Diake was obviously scared out of his wits at this point, his body shaking from fear and his heart beating irregularly fast.

"You'll be fine~!" Theresa assured him, patting him on the back.

'I am so gonna die. . . .'

. . . . . .

Diake was sitting on a chair as he waited anxiously in the waiting room, trying his best to stay calm.

But of course, that is difficult, as the lady he was up against was right in front of him.

Both were silent, as the girl eyed him with complete caution, while Diake just didn't bother to look at her.

And so, she decided to break the ice.

"Hey," she said out.

"Y-yeah. Hey," Diake replied anxiously, not looking at her.

"My name is Mei Raiden. You are?" She began.

"Diake Takanori," he quickly introduced himself.

"Are you scared?" She asked, seeing his current status.

"Yes," Diake immediately replied.

"Why is that?"

". . . . You're kidding, right?"

"What. . . What do you mean?"

"You're a certified Valkyrie, aren't you?"

"Valkyrie-in-training, yes. I am not quite a Valkyrie just yet."

"Ah. I. . . I see. I saw your fight just now."

"You did? What. . What did you think?"

"You're pretty damn powerful."

"T-thank you."

"Yeah, no problem."

"Do you have any experience against Honkai, perhaps?"

"Only the zombie ones. I'm unable to handle the other kinds. Well, there was a time I was up against a wyvern looking Honkai, but I had some kinda bazooka to help me out there."

"Do you have any military background?"

"An amateur mixed martial artist. I learned a several kinds of martial arts and uh, try and mix it up a bit."