chapter 19

A/N: the book got 3K reads!!

*Throws confetti*

And because of that, I am currently open to suggestions, questions or requests you may have. Don't be shy to ask for anything. I'm willing to answer it. But do take note that I won't accept everything you request and not because I'm biased, but because it disobeys the rules that I apply to this book, which I'll say if you ask.

For example, you want your OC in the story and you describe them with this and that. I tell them no. Not because I hate them or whatnot. It's because the OC made is severely OP.

I don't mind if you're OC is strong, but if you make them have something like 'God Powers' which is an oddly vague term, then it's a big no. I can accept Herscherr hosts though.

And with that, let the story begin.

"You're. . . A lot younger than I thought you were," Diake stated, as there he stood. Behind him was the door that would lead him out of the office he was shoved into with the man in front of him. The man was nothing of what Diake imagined him to be. Instead of a senile old man walking around with a cane, it was instead a man who wore refined clothing and looked like he was 20 or so years old, but less than 30 due to any lack of wrinkles on his skin. The man's blonde hair barely past the shoulder length, as it fluttered when the man turned to look at the boy. The window behind him was illuminated by the sunlight.

That was Otto Apocalypse.

"Am I now?" The man asked, a calm smile appearing on his face.

"Yeah, you are," Diake replied honestly, shrugging.

"Oh, it's fine. . . . Hm. You remind me of someone," the man began. Suddenly, an image of a girl that looked like Kiana, but different, appeared in his mind, and looked oddly similar to the boy, if not for his silver eyes and messy white hair.

In a way, it can be said that the boy was somewhat a gender bent version of the female in Otto's mind.

"Someone you're familiar with?" Diake asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course. I can never forget who it is," Otto replied to the boy.

"Then mind telling me who this person is?" Diake asked again.

"Well, she's just someone I admire," Otto vaguely replied, before changing the subject with a wave of his hand and a question.

"Anyway, you were the latest survivor discovered in Nagazora City, were you?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was. I thought captain told you that," Diake replied, squinting.

"Ahahah. My memory is getting blurry with every passing time," Otto told him with a smile.

"Anyway, do you know why I'm here?" Otto asked.

"You're gonna ask me to be your guinea pig, aren't you?" Diake asked.

"Oh, no. I just want a bit of your blood so that we can find out how you're immune to the Honkai. That's it," Otto told the boy.

"Is. . . Is that all you ask from me?" Diake asked.

"I promise you. As another promise, I will tell you the results the moment I acquire them," Otto told him in an attempt to convince the boy.

"Is. . . That all?" Diake asked, being convinced by his reasoning.

"Yes. That is all," Otto replied, as he approached the boy.

"Your blood may hold the key to eliminate the Honkai to prevent them from destroying this world. You, being immune to the Honkai, could possibly mean that you can even withstand Honkai powered explosions," Otto explained.

"Honkai powered. . . Explosions?" Kize asked.

"Yes. In the 2nd Honkai War, Honkai powered explosions caused the deaths of many Valkyries, including, unfortunately, Kiana's mother," Otto said, the emotion of sadness appearing on his face.

'Kiana's mom. . . Died in the war?' Kize thought to himself, as he soon began to contemplate if he wanted to do it.

"Let me ask the captain firs--"

"No no. The choice is in your hands, young man. You can't let other people choose your fate. You must choose your own," Otto cut him off with a convincing excuse. This surprised the boy, before he became silent. After a minute or so, he took a deep breath, and looked up at Otto.

"Count me--"

"Emergency!" Himeko's voice was heard from the desk. Immediately, Otto went to check.

"What is it?" Otto asked.

"Wendy has awaken the Herscherr! We request immediately backup!" Himeko told them.

"Understood! I'm calling in our S Rank Valkyrie, Durandal!" Otto told him.

"I'm coming along!" Diake said to Otto.

"You sure?" Otto began.

"We're gonna need as much assistance as we can!" Himeko told Otto.

"Okay! I'll bring in Durandal and the boy to you. Ensure that the Gem of Desire must be obtained at all costs!" Otto told him.

"Got it."

"Okay Diake, follow me." Otto walked out of the office, and Diake followed suit.

"What the hell's the Gem of Desire?" Diake asked, following the man close with him.

"The Gem of Desire is one of the many Gems that came from the second Herscherr. We defeated her, and now one of those gems reside in one of our former Valkyries," Otto replied.

"How the fuck did that happen? Who's the host?" Diake asked, shocked by the revelation.

"The host of the gem is named Wendy. We implanted it into her legs, which causes her to become crippled by it," Otto replied.

"Wha-- How could you?!!" Diake demanded, grabbing his shoulder.

"It's for the sake of humanity's survival!" Otto replied immediately, pushing his hand away. "If you think I don't think about the future of humanity, then you're wrong. I did it so that humanity has a fighting chance against the Honkais. That's why I trained Valkyries so that they can save humanity from extinction!"

"Even if they can die from it?!" Diake asked.

"They bet their lives on the line, damnit!!" Otto said, turning to look at the white haired.

"You remind me so much of Kallen, don't you know? It hurts me that she left me the same way your parents had left you," he said, kneeling down to the boy's height.

". . . Do I?" Diake asked, somewhat surprised.

"You do. You're almost the spitting image of her," Otto said, before standing up and continued to walk.

". . . . Kallen. . . Why does that name sound familiar?" Diake asked himself. "I swear. . . It does sound familiar. . ." He still had these thoughts as he continued to follow Otto.