Chapter 30

A/N: okay, I'm gonna get a few things outta the way first.

First off, even if this is a Fanfiction, I respect the fact that canonical relationships, or canonical in theory, exists, and so I do not plan for this book to be a full on romance book. Rather, this book is more of a story elaboration, where the main story of the original (aka HI3's story) is elaborated upon, and much later on becomes a side story, where it tells the story in a different perspective, in this case, our sole male protagonist.

Second of all, I always feel the need to give an actual character development to the male protagonist, since, the way I look at it, it just seems that the boy barely changes at all. But maybe I'm wrong and I actually did give him character development, I dunno. Comment on this regard please.

Third, if you feel the need to comment about anything in this book, be it criticism, compliments and so on, don't be shy. Go ahead and say it. I may rebuke some, I may thank others, but I will definitely read them and respond to them if necessary.

And with that, enjoy the calm before the storm, for those who knows where this is going.

"How is the cannon?" Another petite girl asked the Herscherr who had possessed Diake. Unlike the hot tempered red haired, this one was teal haired while also somewhat slicked back, and had a cool expression on her face.

"It will take some time," the Herscherr answered, as its palm was on some type of weapon that was big, and in comparison of the Selene, it took almost half the size and weight of the weapon that the Herscherr was modifying.

"How long?" The teal haired asked.

"Maybe a day or so, if I work alone that is," the Herscherr replied, before he stared at the teal haired, as if giving her a hint.

For the past few days, the Herscherr was the only one that worked endlessly to improve the Selene and the Hyperion. This worried Himeko and the captain as they fear that the Herscherr may take the boy's body completely or over exhaust the boy's body, even with the assurance that the Herscherr will never do such a thing.

"So? Get right on to it, then," the teal haired replied. Out of frustration, Diake surfaced up.

"He meant that you should give him a helping hand, Einstein. I thought you were smarter than this," Diake told her in a snarky tone. He emphasized his snarkiness specifically on 'Einstein', which worked as a double entendre, as the teal haired girl was in fact the person who made the theory of relativity, Albert Einstein, and also acted as an insult even to Einstein herself as she was somewhat dense to not know what the Herscherr meant.

"So that's what he meant. If I do that, would it accelerate the process of modifying the cannon?" Einstein asked.

"He's the Herscherr of Modification. What else did you expect?" Diake soon heaved a sigh.

"Right. Just bring your mechanics or something so that the Herscherr can modify it for you guys as well," Diake told her.

"Right," Einstein replied, before saying through her comms device, "it seems that the Herscherr requires some help with the modifications. Those of you who are available, please come to the Selene."

. . . . . . . .

The white haired boy flopped to the ground once he had exited the Selene. It was clear that he was tired, and many of the other Anti-Entropy members noticed this. And yet, they never bothered to help.

"I apologize for using your body for such an extensive period of time," the Herscherr apologized.

"Mhm," the boy let out monotonically, not moving from his position. It was clear how tired he was and his body seem to never obey his brain at that moment.

"Diake?" A familiar voice said out.

. . . . . . .

"Thanks, Himeko," Diake told her as his whole body was leaning on Himeko's shoulder. He heaved out a sigh of relief, while Himeko heaved a sigh of frustration.

"You should really learn how to take breaks nowadays. You've been working non-stop," Himeko commented, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I know. I know," Diake replied, closing his eyes. He felt his muscles recovering, and soon he slightly lifted his hands, but brought it back down again. He wanted to enjoy the moment the two had, and decided that it was best to not move.

And then his brain tempted him to do that one thing he always see in anime and manga.

"Can I lay on your lap, Himeko?" Diake asked suddenly. His eyes remained close, so he didn't see Himeko's reaction, but he could tell that she was very embarrassed from his sudden request.

He was correct.

The red haired's cheek immediately flared up when the boy had said it.

"Diake! That's gonna be embarrassing around these people!" Himeko commented, as already there were several members of both Anti-Entropy and Hyperion and Selene crew alike who glanced at the couple.

"So?" The boy said casually with a smirk, despite his eyes closed.

"Are you not embarrassed by that?!" Himeko asked, shock clear on her voice.

"No. Not with you around," Diake replied, his smirk still present. Himeko blushed at this as she considered her options, until finally, she relented.

". . . O-okay then."

Having the smirk turn into a genuine sincere smile, the boy moved his head forward, as it fell and soon plopped comfortably on her lap.

"Thank you, Himeko," Diake said, as he heaved a small sigh. Feeling his whole body relaxing, he felt himself getting sleepier and sleepier, before he dozed off. His smile had disappeared, and his expression was calm. Seeing the boy in such a state, Himeko, although embarrassed, was honestly happy. For all her life, she always wanted to find someone that she could love. Now, here he was, sleeping on her lap with a calm expression. Caressing Diake's hair, she let out a loving smile, as she held the boy's hand soon after.

"Rest, my dear. Rest."

Meanwhile

"What the. . ." Diake found himself standing on a platform that he was unfamiliar with. It was a mix of white, dark blue and a darker blue, with his surroundings being nothing but dark clouds.

"It is time to meet your end, human," a voice that he was quite familiar with rang in his head.

"The Herscherr of the Void," his own Herscherr spoke out, as soon enough, the vision of a floating long white haired girl with orange eyes appeared. Floating spears appear behind the girl, with a sadistic smirk on her face upon laying eyes onto the boy.

"I see you are still alive, Kaide," HoV stated, pronouncing Kaide as Kay-d.

"I see that you're still stalling like a bitch, Sirin," the Herscherr told her, leaving a chuckle from the long haired girl.

"It entertains me to see that you partnered up with an insect like him. And for what? To defeat me?" Siri taunted. Hearing this, Diake clenched his fist in anger.

"I may be a human, but that doesn't mean I can't kill you!" Diake said out, his eyes flaring with anger. In response, she let out a rather nonchalant 'Hmph'.

"Do you really expect that an insect like you can even harm me?" Siri taunted even more, causing Diake to grit his teeth.

"Why you--"

"Why don't we see it now, then!" Kaide said out, surprising Diake.

"Hmph. Good luck doing that." Siri raised her hand and the spears that previously was floating behind her was now aimed towards Diake, who stood defiantly.

"Bring it on."