Chapter 45

"Back to Earth, Hannah," Monty snapped his fingers at his friend who was lost in her pool of thoughts.

Hannah shrugged, eyes withdrawing off the open window to Monty who was staring at her, confusingly.

"What happened?" She asked, innocently.

"You zoned out." He answered, and resume back eating his noodles.

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "I don't know what I'm thinking about."

"You been acting weird for the past two days," Monty noted.

Hannah didn't realize it has been four days the last time she talked with Clay. After she had left his house, she went back to her home and stayed there for a couple of hours. Clay had left a message asking her if she reached safely or not? And she had to text, "yes!" And in response, he sent. "Okay!"

And then none talked.

Hannah has been taken aback so much with the news Tony had given, that it shook her to the core. It wasn't the fact she didn't like gay, but how she never saw any difference in Clay's sexuality. And moreover, it was killing her even more that she can't stop thinking about it.

So to keep herself occupied, she first completed her homework, then helped her brother in his studies and at last went to Coffeehouse where she worked with Jeff.

She spent the rest of the time there, even on Sunday. But Monday came and she had to face him. This time, she noticed him too much around Tony which she never did before and now even the slightest of movement between them made her have wildest thoughts.

At last, she came to face to face in Drama practice but nevertheless, Markle managed to stay between them after she had requested her without telling anything. 

"You are doing it again." Monty banged the table.

"I'm not."

"You're stressing out." He pressed. "What's the matter? And don't say it's nothing."

"I wish I could but you won't understand. It's not your cup of tea." She pressed back, finally giving in to eating. Their lunchtime was almost to the end as most of the students were already done and leaving the courtyard.

"Hannah, you've changed now. You don't behave like yourself. It's like you're moving apart from us."

"It's not like that."

"What is up with you then? Is it about Clay?" He asked, "You were avoiding him yesterday, even today."

Her eyes caught his accusing ones. How he was so understandable? How can he figure everything out? And why everything comes back to Clay? They were not even officially friends? Then why it was bugging her?

"I guess," she muttered.

"Did he said something again? I thought he was done with you. Did he hurt you again?" Monty demeanor was alerting back like a protective friend.

"No!" She answered immediately before Monty form any theory of his own. "The problem is he doesn't say anything. I mean why I didn't see it or is it a plain fat lie?"

"What lie? What talking?" He got confused.

But Hannah wasn't hearing him anymore and continued anyway. "Why doesn't he look like one if he is that?"

"He is what?"

"A gay!" She spilled, drowning in reverie created by her.

"Gay?" Monty exclaimed, spectacularly shocked.