Chapter 30

Spoken for!

Spoken for?

That vision was a bunch of bull

Josie hadn't been spoken for in her whole life, she was independent! At least without her twin but that was besides the point.

Maybe that was it, maybe they had gotten her mixed up with someone else or her twin, because there was no what they were addressing Josie.

Maybe someones scent had been rubbed onto her and that was who they were smelling? Josie was no werewolf let alone an alpha, if anything Josie would be the omega of the pack lacking a voice and all as people had often said.

She'd never had someone besides her parents listen to her, and even when her parents were listening she never really had their full attention because they had to watch Lizzie.

All the attention had to constantly be on her.

Josie wonders briefly what its like to be Lizzie, to have all the attention all the time... all the cute boys, the outfits.... the love

Everyone always just assumed that Josie was the quiet, closed off twin. Nobody had ever taken a second to give her a voice, that was really all she needed.

She can vouch for herself, she can speak, if only someone would just listen to her.

She feels as though someone had listened to her once, she can't remember them though

" You guys can get up, I promise I'm not disrespected."

Josie really hoped that they would get up, them kneeling in front of her as if they were her servants disgusts her. She doesn't want anyone to serve her, to be her humble slave.

They aren't slaves they are people, human beings that shouldn't serve anyone.

They all slowly get up staring at her, looking for guidance that she obviously cant give, she knows absolutely nothing about leading a pack or being an Alpha.

Then again where is their Alpha?

The blond haired woman smiles at her its full of teeth and less intimidating then before and Josie thinks its nice, at least for now. 

" Would you like something to drink?"

Josie thinks its worth pondering. Would this woman really go through all the trouble of kneeling at Josies feet just to kill her while she was drinking a cup of water?

Josie supposes not, maybe not everyone is as awful as they seem... right?

Josie holds back a grimace and whispers out a "sure" through gritted teeth. This whole situation was making her feel on edge, unsafe even.

She's not a werewolf she's a witch, a siphon at that so why on earth was she feeling so on edge.

Josie walks behind the woman and her son into a trailer that seems neat and tidy and upon entering seems pretty homey.

The woman lets go of the boys hand and takes a sharp left and heads for the kitchen area but not before smiling at Josie again. " Im sorry for the mess, I didn't know I was going to be having company, such important company at that."

Josie's eyebrows furrow at this, the house seems pretty neat to her. She's found someone just as paranoid as her she supposes.

The living room part of the trailer seems to have pictures scattered all around it. There seems to be different people in everyone of them. The place was comfortable enough, perhaps the woman wouldn't stab her in the back with a knife.

Josie study's the pictures and hums, these people had quite a large pack, did they all live on this land?

" Would you like some wine Alpha ?" The woman asks startling Josie in the process.

Wine? The woman was offering her an alcoholic beverage? Was she trying to get her drunk so that she could kill her?

Josie shook her head, No, Josie didn't want wine or any other drink that would make her head any foggier than it already was, it had been a long day and she was becoming drowsy.

" Water please?" Josie asks gently, trying her best to be cautious of the woman who not too long ago wanted to rip her limb from limb. That couldn't be forgotten so easily.

" Yes Alpha." The woman smiled scanning the cabinets for a cup and filling it with water from the tap.

What was with this pack and its dire need of an alpha, they must be pretty desperate if they are looking to Josie for leadership, lately she wasn't exactly the most dependable.

" Josie." She corrected heading over to the couch to take a seat.

The lady headed over to her with the cup in hand and offered it to her, which Josie took graciously.

" Ma'am?"

" Josie, that's my name."

Josie glanced over to the child who was staring at her with wonder from the couch, his wide eyes peering into her soul.

The woman's eyebrows furrowed and she frowned. " But you are our Alpha, this is your title, your class."

Josie shook her head in defiance this whole Alpha business was making her head spin " No, I'm Josie, I don't know who your Alpha is but I'm not them."

" You are you-"

" I'm a witch, a siphon, I cannot be your Alpha." She fumed

" We know who you are."

" Then why do you keep calling me your Alpha!" Josie had tried her best to keep her voice down but this woman was really setting her off.

The Woman sighed and sat down next to her son on the couch. " Josie, you have no idea the gift you bring."

" The gift?"

" You give us hope, you bring hope." The woman smiled

Josie still hadn't taken a sip of the water and now she wasn't sure she wanted to, she didn't know if she was prepared to take whatever drug was obviously being fed to them- they are brainwashed-

Josie didn't even know how to respond to such an accusatory remark. How do you explain to someone that you aren't the embodiment of hope, that you aren't the leader that they are looking for?

You couldn't you simply couldn't. Josie looked around at the happy home full of pictures, of memories and sighed she needed to go. Josie stood up and headed towards the door and the lady didn't chase after her.

" I know your looking for a leader, but I'm not them.... I'm sorry."   And with that she was out the door and back into the woods in the direction she had come from. She was going home... there were no answers for her here.

Only when she made it back to her car did a realization really hit her, she had never asked the lady her name.