chapter 11

Josie sighed tapping her pin lightly on her textbook. Her homework was no friend to her and proved to be quite difficult.

The library was quiet and very few people came there so she was guaranteed distraction free time.

Josie performed the spell and watched it for the umpteenth time stay exactly the same, she was sure she had drained enough power to do the spell. So why couldn't she do it?

Josie huffed in frustration and flung everything off the desk including the clear stone. Usually that would be more of a Lizzie move but she was stressed. She placed her head in her hands and groaned.

" Whoa Josie you ok?" Mg asked picking up her books off the floor and  plopping down in the seat next to her. He looked like life was going pretty great for him these days, lucky him.

" I can't figured out this spell," Josie huffed out looking up at him with ' Can I please drain you ' eyes.

He nodded and extended his arm, Josie grabbed onto it and started to drain him...not for all he had but close enough.

Josie let go and sighed in frustration, it wasn't enough power, she needed power. She wondered if Lizzie was having the same problems.

'Speak of the devil' she thought as she watched Lizzie walk over, she most likely wanted something that Josie didn't want to get her.

Lizzie walked over taking the seat across from her and staring at her with puppy dog eyes.

" Hey Lizzie." Mg tried to act normal but he couldn't around Lizzie, the love struck look on his face spoke volumes.

Lizzie turned her gaze to him " Hey Mg." She responded giving him a gentle smile before turning back to her sister.

Josie looked between the two in shock had Lizzie just acknowledged Mg's presents without him having to make her jealous or ignore her completely. Josie found herself wondering what had changed.

Judging from the look on Mg's face he was not expecting that to happen either. His jaw was dropped, his eyes were so wide that Josie would have thought he'd had a heart attack if he was human.

" What do you want Lizzie?" Josie asked putting her textbook and papers away along with the stone knowing she wouldn't get any work done today.

" I want you to tell your snake girlfriend that party's are my thing." Lizzie said looking over her shoulder at the approaching brunette that she referred to as " Voldemort"

Penelope grinned at Lizzie before sitting down in the chair across from Mg.

'What ever happened to the library being a place to work in peace'

Lizzie rolled her eyes at her twins girlfriend before getting up from her seat.

Lizzie walked around to the other side of the table and extended her hand " Coming Mg?" She asked with a grin on her face that Josie couldn't quite place. What was going on with them?

Mg swallowed down a big gulp and nodded taking her hand quickly before she retracted her offer. They walked out of the library together hands no longer intertwined but they were standing side by side leaving  people with their mouths hung wide open as they passed by.

Josie shook her head silently grinning, she must have missed alot but she was happy for her friend. Penelope on the other hand didn't look as delighted.

Penelope glared at the pathway the pair had walked in and turned her gaze back to her frustrated girlfriend.

"What's wrong Jo?" Penelope asked in her gentlest voice,willing to help out her frustrated girlfriend any way she could. Though her gaze on Josie was one of pity and Josie hated it.

Josie rolled her eyes. " Nothing you can help out with." She responded glaring at Penelope with all she had.

Penelope had a hurt look on her face but quickly replaced it with a determined one, then she began to talk.

Josie hated this, she hated how Penelope and other people treated her, they treated her like she was a gentle kind flower instead of a powerful siphoner.

Josie loathed people's gentleness towards her, Josie didn't appreciate it at all. Nobody treated her sister with the tender kindness as they did her. It was okay to treat her like a flower sometimes, but just saying a mean word or two wouldn't crush her heart.

That's why Hope was like a breath of fresh air. Hope would loose control, break the gentle petals of her heart and replace them with metal hooks that would rip at her flesh but she didn't care.

Her and Hope we're so different which was what made them so good together. They were like perfect puzzle pieces that slipped into place when they were together and broke away when they were apart.

Hope knew her body better than she did, every nook and crannie, every weak spot, every strong one, she molded them all together.

Hope was a perfect mixture of pain and pleasure, she was gentle but rough the perfect combination.

The gentle way she placed kisses on her neck and the rough way she would grip Josie's hips sinking her fingernails in making purple bruises she pulled Josie in. Hope was addictive. Josie's own version of nicotine that she craved.

Penelope snapped her fingers in front of Josie repeating the words "Hello? Josie?hello?"

Josie snapped out of her thoughts making direct eye contact with her peeved  girlfriend.

"Hmm?"

The look on Penelope's face said she wasn't pleased " I was telling you about my birthday party and how you should help me plan it. Maybe we could have a date afterwards."

Crap! She had forgotten that Penelope's birthday was coming up.

Josie thought about how their last awkward date has gone and winced " I don't think-"

" Just please." Penelope gave the please help me face and Josie had no choice but to comply feeling guilty about thinking about another girl when her own girlfriend was right in front of her.

And with that the couple went to planning Penelope's birthday party but not without Josie's mind drifting to Hope a couple of times.