chapter 24

Pins and needles

Pins and needles

Pins and needles

Pins and needles

Pins and needles pins and.....

Josie walked up the dark stairs, her feet bare and her body clad in only sleep shorts and a tank top...

It was freezing here, speaking of here. Where was she?

It was all darkness, there was no light what's so ever. Josie's arms were becoming littered with goosebumps as she walked farther up the stairs.

The cold floors only furthered her shivering. The stairs seemed impossibly long and tiring. It was going to be a while before she made it to the top.

There were prickings at her feet as if she was walking on soft nails through shoes. It didn't hurt but it was very uncomfortable

Hope shook her head in annoyance. Little peaks of things she used to worry about poked at her brain, picking apart at the sensitive memories.

Hope had one type of day that she was able to be happy, and content and that was during the nothing hour. During this hour, or so since Hope didn't have a watch. You have no specific emotional range, you just shoot at whatever emotion you want.

Today worry and anguish were playing at her mind, finding sensitive memories that Hope simply didn't want to remember. Unbearable ones about all she'd left behind.

All those that could be dead ..... That didn't have Hope's blood in time. The heart breaking possibility made Hope feel like she would crumble.

We're they dead after all? She refused to think of their name, the very thought made Hope want to break into millions of tiny pieces and never become whole again.

We're they as stubborn as they always were and had refused to take Hope's blood if Hope wasn't present?

Hope had no time to be Grimm she needed to get out to of here.... But how? How would she possibly be able to get out of this pit? The only way she had gotten in her in the first place was by a mistake, a blip in the universe that allowed for Hope to be conceived in the first place.

What if she never saw the other girls face again? What if the destiny had been fulfilled by Hope's death and the story completed?

What if she decided that fighting for Hope wasn't worth anything anymore and she was going to be with Penelope and live a long and healthy life full of joy and contentment? Maybe that was what she deserved.... Happiness? Contentment?

The gentle sound of feat walking on floors echoed in the darkness. Hope's eyes had now widened as she got prepared for a fight. Maybe Landon's brother was back to urk her.

Hope's body shook with a cold chill as she stepped blindly into the darkness hoping that she was approaching correctly.

Hope hummed as she felt the body heat of another in front of her now still body. Wait warm? Nobody in Malivore was warm, or so she assumed. She hadn't met anyone in Malivore except herself and she was always as cold as ice so she assumed that's how it would be for everyone.... apparently not.

Hopes eyes suddenly gold, an ability she had no longer knew she possessed. Tears swelled in Hope's eyes as she looked upon the person. She looked so different than when Hope had last seen her. Her complexion that had previously taken on a sickly grey tone was back to natural state.

A tear fell from Hope's eye as she looked at the girl who seemed so similar but so different that who she had known her as.

" Josie?" Hope whispered, her voice barely inaudible as she choked back more tears and Rose a hand to cup Josie's cheek.

Josie gave the Auburn haired girl a once over, sure she was cute but that didn't explain why she felt like she knew the girl on a personal level.

Josie frowned, why did this girl know her name and why was she so openly touching her?

Josie stepped back out of Hope's reach making Hope's hand fall back at her side. Josie shook her head and averted her eyes.

" I'm sorry miss but do I know you?" Josie spoke, her tone meek and mild. This Josie was somehow different that the one Hope had left behind. She had to be missing something, an edge wasn't there that had to have been influenced by Hope in some way since it was no longer there.

Hope found this version of Josie to be very cute. Compliant and mild, though Hope preferred the Josie with a bit of a temper.

Hope wasn't at all surprised by Josie's lack of knowledge on who Hope was, on who they were. It seemed that Hope's death had affected that to, they might not still be soulmates.

Maybe when Hope died the whole 2 parts of 1 soul thing had died. Though if the soulmate bond died so did their relationship.... She was now nothing to Josie. There was nothing tying Hope to Josie and for some reason that made Hope want her all the more.

Hope smiled sadly but didn't break her steady gaze of staring into Josie's chocolate brown eyes. " No, you don't, you just look like someone I used to know."

Josie nodded and looked back up at Hope " So where am I?"

Josie thought that the other girl seemed interesting and she wanted to know more but first she wanted to know where she was and how she'd gotten here?

Hope opened her mouth to answer the brunettes question but she was stopped as her eyes widened and the younger girl disappeared before her eyes.

Hope guessed it just wasn't meant to be.

Authors note: school is officially over and I have taken my Ap world history test and I have taken all my final exams, therefore there will be alot more time for updating and I should be getting back to my regular schedule.