chapter 13

Josie tapped her foot impatiently her and Penelope's date was in 30 minutes and she still didn't know what to wear.

Josie looked at her mostly empty wardrobe and sighed.

In a day she would have to go see  her mom in Europe, not that she didn't want to but.....she wasn't sure leaving things like they were here was best.

Hope and her were complicated and it was left at that. Josie didn't know what Hope and her were but it didn't seem so serious that she should tell her girlfriend.

Lizzie was out, like most times these days leaving Josie alone in a room by herself. Josie secretly wished that Hope would just once invite her over, or for one of them to see each other outside of class and Hope not to scamper off like Josie was disgusting.

Josie picked out a burgundy strapless dress, some flats and grabbed a cardigan, before changing quickly not worrying much about her hair since she had flat ironed it earlier. She headed to the common room to sit down and wait for the usually late Penelope.

She tapped her foot impatiently before taking out her phone and shooting a quick text to Lizzie asking where she was and what she was doing.

Lizzie quickly texted back responding with an " Talking with MG wby?"

Josie did a silent cheer feeling quite happy for MG and his new found Friendship with her twin

" Waiting to go on a date with Penelope....kinda just wanna stay in bed." Josie texted back cringing at how bitter she sounded

" Then tell her that, she should understand." Lizzie suggested

" She won't, it's like she doesn't care, she set this up without giving me much of a say so." Josie typed back grimacing at how she made Penelope sound like the biggest jerk.

" Idk, maybe you should break up with her." Lizzie suggested leaving Josie completely stumped

Should she break up with her? Of course Penelope wasn't the best girlfriend but maybe Josie just needed to try harder.

Josie jumped up as Penelope rounded the corner, Penelope looked absolutely stunning, anyone would think so but Josie found herself thinking it was too much. Josie didn't dare say anything though.

Penelope walked up to her and held out her hand silently asking Josie to take it, Josie obliged taking the girls clammy hand. 

Josie moved her fingers trying to figure out what was so wrong about this, this felt wrong, her and Penelope's hands didn't fit together like puzzle pieces were supposed to.

She took silent notes as they walked to the destination that was completely unknown by Josie, not that she was paying much attention anyway.

Her and Penelope's fingers were the same size, that was the problem. When fingers are the same size they don't fit as snugly as they would if they were bigger.

Josie found herself thinking about how Hope's fingers were slightly bigger than hers, always giving their fingers comfortable room to move around.

Josie found herself coming out of her thoughts when they came upon a picnic.

There was a table on the forest floor that was once surrounded by leafs. On the table there were too many candles to count which was most definitely a fire hazard since they were in a forest( aka a wooded area) if they weren't careful and Penelope was anything but careful.

Penelope guided Josie further taking her to the chair and pulling it out for her to sit in. Josie sat down and internally screamed. She was so tired of everyone treating her with the utmost gentleness.

Penelope went to the other side of the table and sat down looking Josie straight in the eye, Josie briefly met her gaze but soon retracted it.

Josie lifted the cover off the plate and looked down in disappointment. There was pizza.....pizza. Penelope had to be kidding.

Penelope had taken her all the way out here just to give her pizza. Josie suddenly found herself wishing for a love like MG and Lizzie, MG knew all of Lizzie's favorite foods and just what to say to sweep her off her feet.

Josie put the cover back on the plate looking up at Penelope with a sad smile. " I'm not that hungry." Josie mumbled hoping not to hurt Penelope's feelings.

Penelope got up and made her way over to Josie lifting her out of her chair.

Penelope smirked, and Josie found herself wishing it was Hope's smirk instead. " Why don't we do something else." She said in a suggestive voice

" Umm I don't know if i-"

Josie was cut off by a bruising kiss, it was so rough that Josie found herself whimpering. She didn't like this, she didn't like this at all. Penelope pushed Josie into the ground before straddling her and continuing the kiss.

Hope growled in her wolf form from the bushes watching Josie struggle, she wanted to see if Josie could handle this. If Josie couldn't stop this in one minute Hope was going to rip out Penelope's jugular with her canines.

Josie heard the growl and quickly gained newfound strength, she couldn't and wouldn't let this happen to her. Penelope's kisses became even more rough as she bit Josie's lip successfully drawing blood. Josie had enough, Josie pushed Penelope off of her quickly scrambling to get off the forest floor.

" Josie wait i-" Josie didn't stay to hear the rest because she ran as fast as she could willing herself not to cry as she did so.

When she made it to her room she found the shards in a bag taped to the  door. Hope hadn't even bothered giving them to Josie in person Hope had waited till she left. Josie scoffed. 

She quickly scrambled inside checking out the scrapes on her legs. She silently took back her words from earlier, leaving things like they were was for the best after all.