chapter 8

Josie still hadn't given Hope answer yet and it was slowly but surely annoying the auburn haired girl.

The look on Hope's face was pure and utter agitation and Josie needed to tell her why she was here so that she could get back to her own room as soon as possible, if only she could get the words out.

"I- I was sleeping...your the only one I thought I could tell, but I had a dream about Sebastian and Lily." Josie spoke her voice cracked slightly a for sure sign of her hesitancy to tell Hope what was bothering her.

" The dream was kind of random....it was of a meeting that happened back then....it almost seemed like Lily liked Seth better than Sebastian." Josie continued.

" Are you sure it was them? Maybe you just got it wrong?" Hope suggested.

" No! It was them I'm sure of it." Josie protested almost begging Hope to listen to her for once, she had gotten her a necklace just so she could be heard....but none could hear if they weren't atleast attempting to listen.

"Ok....so why did that bring you here? " Hope remarked rendering Josie speechless. Why was Hope being such a dick about this? She had come for comfort but if she wasn't going to get it then she may as well leave, she felt bad enough without the other girl mocking her.

Josie sighed in irritation. " I came for comfort but now I'm thinking that I should just leave." And with that Josie turned around to return to her room.

Hope groaned feeling guilty for her blatant rudeness. " Wait!" Hope grabbed Josie's arms making her stop mid step. " I'm sorry . I just usually don't have to deal with people...just don't leave, please?" The look in Hope's eyes had her reeling, she couldn't leave now, not when Hope had just asked her not to.

Josie nodded and made her way to Hope's bed before sitting down hesitantly.

Josie swallowed down all her fright replacing it with sudden courage before confidently speaking. " Can I maybe stay here for the night?"

Hope though about it briefly before nodding.

" I can take the floor. It's only fair that I do it since I'm the one that wanted to say." Josie suggested getting up from the bed to get ready to go to sleep.

" No that's fine, you take the bed I'll take the floor." Hope protested not wanting the brunette to have to sleep on the cold floor.

Josie didn't quite feel like arguing this late at night so she complied but then she remembered something . She hadn't put on panties before she left and she liked to sleep in a shirt and no pants.

Without a doubt Hope's panties would swamp her just like her hoodie. How weird would it be to ask someone for a pair of panties?!? To ask Hope to borrow a pair of panties that would be oversized.

Josie groaned loudly, why does her life have to always be so awkward!

" Hope?" She squeaked " Can I borrow a pair of your sleep shorts?" Josie's face was bright red and Hope couldn't figure out why, after all she had only asked her if she could borrow a pair of shorts, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Hope came up to her with sleep shorts clutched tightly in her hand and if she was nervous she surely didn't show it. Hope had all but shoved in the shorts in Josie's hand before grabbing a few blankets from the closet to sit them on the floor.

Josie cleared her throat awkwardly, her face warm and her palms sweaty. " Can you um...please turn around?" Josie squeaked. Hope didn't respond she just turned in the opposite direction. Josie hastily put on the shorts and told Hope that she could turn back around.

Hopes eyes instantly drift to Josie's lower half. Hope's shorts were pleasantly hanging off Josie's hips revealing her hip bones, but not dipping quite low enough for Hope to see much farther below that. Hope shook her head again before scolding herself and starting to create her makeshift bed.

Josie climbed into Hope's bed and quickly nuzzled into the soft sheets. They smelled pleasantly of Hope.

Josie looked down at the older girl on the floor, Hope was currently trying to get comfortable but there clearly weren't enough comforters to make the hard wood comfortable. Hope huffed giving up before she laid flat on her back with her hands propping her head up.

" You know you could just sleep up here with me right?" Josie asked smiling.

Hope grinned " Are you sure you trust me enough to be up there?"

Josie gave Hope a curious look, her right eyebrow lifted slightly and and incredulous smile plastered on her face . " What? What if I try something?" Hope asked expecting for Josie to let her sleep on the floor.

" What if I want you to do something? Just-...just please come up here, your annoying teeth chattering is making me want to choke you." Josie couldn't believe that that first sentence had come out of her mouth.

Hope winked teasingly " Oooooh, kinky we should definitely try that sometime."

Josie rolled here eyes at the cheshire grin plastered on Hope's face, " You would know wouldn't you? With your canines almost sinking into my neck last time I so much as sat on your lap, I'd think that you would know all about the subject."

Hope grit her teeth together hard before replying making sure to acknowledge the other girls involvement in it all. " You did just sit there like a willing participant, the way you were moaning my name with your head tilted back made me think that you almost didn't want me to stop." That obnoxious Klaus like smirk from earlier were back on Hope's face and Josie wanted to smack it off.

She might have been moaning but she was no dog in heat she could control herself, If anyone couldn't control theirselves it was Hope, she was technically the dog out of the two of them anyway.

"I- Just get up here Hope before I change my mind." Josie pouted before turning her back ro the other girl.

Hope got up off the floor and made her way under the covers next to Josie. The bed wasn't very large so Josie instinctively started scooting closer to Hope hoping that she would embrace her.

Josie's scent surrounded Hope, almost enticing her to get closer but the auburn haired girl knew she couldn't do that...it would only lead to trouble.

Hope didn't embrace Josie but she didn't push her away either, Hope's front was pressed against her back comfortably. Hope made sure to keep her face away from Josie's neck, especially her mouth, she couldn't afford a canine slip tonight, Josie needed comfort not pleasure.

Josie suddenly decided she wanted to be face to face with Hope. " Do you mind if I-?"

Hope's face suddenly turned cold, all traces of her previous humor were gone. " No, don't push it, I still mean everything I said that night about staying away from each other, this changes nothing."

In that moment Hope bore a striking resemblance to the pictures that Josie had seen of her father, rough and cold... closed off to the world.  She doesn't know how she hadn't seen it before.

Josie sighed, it was always one step forward and two steps back with the older girl. Understanding Hope and her methods was nearly impossible but Josie knew Hope just wanted the best for her, in whatever twisted way that was.

So Josie would keep trying, she'd keep trying to pursue whatever it was that they had between them until Hope got sick of her.

With that thought in mind Josie reached over and turned the lamp out, the whole room went dark and for the first time for that night Josie had a peacefully dreamless sleep and Hope felt comfortable .