Chapter 28

Josie's mind was going a mile a minute. If Nik wasn't the " littlest Mikaelson " then who was?

There were literally no other family members that Josie had known of and this whole trip was giving her a sinking feeling in her gut.

If Josie couldn't find out who the littlest Mikaelson was from the Youngest Mikaelson then who was she supposed to ask? There was no Mikaelson younger than Nik on record in any books anywhere. It had been hard enough looking for Nik.

Keelin seemed to be taking forever with that water and her sons alabaster eyes were peering into the very depths of her being. Josie roughly cleared her throat finding that she needed that water more than she thought, boy was her mouth dry.

" So Nik, what do you like to do?"

The boy took his seat back on the couch before grabbing a necklace off the coffee table and playing with it.

" I like to learn spells with Mama."

Josie scoffed, of course that's what he loved to do. This child seemed sweet and all but the whole family seemed kind of sketchy.

" What sort of spells?" Josie contemplates

" Just simple protection spells, just like the ones around this house. Mommy says-"

The loud sound of Keelin's footsteps are heard before she's seen and they immediately cut Nik off.

" I've brought your water."
The sound of Keelin's voice is bland, unattached and frankly its concerning.

Keelin sits the cold glass down on the coffee table quite abruptly before taking a seat in a nearby lounge chair. She looks eager almost as if she is anticipating which makes Josie hesitate to take a sip.

Every time the brunette girls lips touch the glass she draws back, the look on the Woman's face is unsettling and paralyzing. Josie feels as if she is going to be poisoned or drugged, neither of which have a fruitful outcome.

Why would the Mikaelson's want to poison her? For her curiosity? That sounded foolish even to her own mind. Sure the Mikaelson's had been existing for one thousand years and had slaughtered probably thousands or more but she really meant nothing to them.

She couldn't help them gain or lose anything and she was no potential threat, she was only looking for a bit of information.

But suddenly she regretted coming at all, her mouth suddenly got drier and she felt as if someone was compelling her to drink it, to bend to their will.

Josie finally let the cool substance fall into her mouth and hydrate her , when nothing out of the ordinary happened she happily kept drinking until the glass was empty. Of course she had been overreacting, why in the world would they have attempted to poison her? Maybe all those history books were wrong and had poisoned her mind.

Josie sat the now empty glass onto the coffee table and sighed, maybe she hadn't gotten the answer to her question  but at-least she had gotten something out of this, even if it was just a glass of water.

Keelin glared over at Josie, her eyes barely glimpsing at the glass before she speaks powerful and sure.

" Your being tracked."

Josie's confusion lasts only for a second before she looks back down at the glass. Near the bottom there is a barely noticeable hue that mars it but its there green and noticeable within the clear glass. Keelin must have gotten the recipe from Freya which is probably what had taken so long

" By who?"

" I have no idea but you have to go." 
The way Keelin says it sounds finalized almost as if she's given it a bit of thought or maybe didn't have to at all.

Keelin walks over to Nik before picking him up and placing him on her hip protectively. He leans into her and Josie suddenly feels envious. At least Nik's mother was around most of the time, Josie barely ever seems to see hers these days.

Josie doesn't know her way around New Orleans let alone how to find someone who knows the answer to her question. If the Mikaelson's themself didn't want to tell her who the littlest Mikaelson was then who would be willing.

For a fleeting moment Josie wishes it had been Freya Mikaelson that she had bumped into instead of her wife. Maybe she would have been more welcoming? Josie doubts it, though Keelin had been cold and distant she had been somewhat welcoming, she wasn't sure if the woman with the curly hairs wife would have been as.... courteous considering all that she'd learned from the school library.

Josie stands up from her seat to face the brown skinned woman. " Where will I go?"

Keelin smiles and Josie swears that this is the first time she's seen her do it since she's met her, though that was only about 2 hours ago.

" To the Crescent Wolf Pack"

A/n: Merry Christmas I thought i would make a chapter on Christmas just as a little gift 🎁 from me to you!