6. The Dork and his Darling

Bonnie found herself sitting on Kol's couch a few days later. She sat in the corner against the armrest and he positioned himself between her legs, his head resting on her stomach. She played with his hair as they watched a some romantic movie he had found Netflix. He was absent-mindedly brushing his fingers against her leg. 

She watched as his eyes fluttered closed, enjoying the feeling of her fingers running through his hair. The movements of his hand slowed as he fell asleep. Bonnie took the time to study his face. He looked so peaceful as he relaxed against her. His head rose and fell with her breathing. 

She grabbed the remote from off the table and flipped through looking for something better to watch. She put on a car chase movie and relaxed, for once being around Kol without having to put on a ruse. In all honesty, she liked him a lot and enjoyed his company, even if he was just trying to sleep with her. 

Halfway through the movie, Kol started to wake up. He groaned as his eyes adjusted to the light and Bonnie smiled down at him. 

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty." She teased. Kol sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"You're still here." He grinned, thankful she hadn't left after he dozed off.

"You didn't give me much of a choice..." She laughed, standing up to stretch her legs. 

"I see you found the remote." He gestured to the screen and she shrugged.

"I figured you wouldn't mind." Bonnie sat back down on the couch and draped her legs over Kol's lap. 

"I figured we wouldn't be watching the movie anyway." He shrugged, justifying his original choice.

"That's very presumptuous of you." She pointed out. 

"Just hopeful." He countered with a playful smirk. 

"Well keep hoping. I have a 7 date rule." She stated proudly. "And you don't seem like the type to wait that long." She scoffed. 

"You wound me, Darling." Kol sighed dramatically. 

"I'm sure you'll recover." Bonnie grabbed her phone off the table and checked her phone. "It's getting late, I should go." He held onto her ankles and she rolled her eyes at him. 

"Stay." 

"We just talked about this!" She argued but he shook his head, placing his finger against her lips to silence her. 

"Looks like someone's mind is in the gutter. Just sleep. Unless you don't think you'll be able to resist me." He challenged. He was getting to her and they both knew it.

"I'll stay. But no funny business Mr. Mikaelson." She warned.

"Scouts honour."  He swore.

"You were a boy scout?" She asked unable to contain her laughter.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Darling." Bonnie scooted closer to him before sliding onto his lap. She wrapped her legs around his torso and draped her arms over his neck.

"Enlighten me." His hands rested on her hips as he stared up at her in awe. 

"What do you want to know?" He asked letting her lead the discussion.

"Everything." She answered honestly. The man in front of her was fascinating and since the moment she had met him, she had wanted to know more than what Katherine had in her stupid file. Kol looked at her curiously.

"That's a little broad..." He chuckled. "Why don't we start with what my bedroom looks like?" He lifted her and carried her to his room as she giggled in his arms. When he got to his room, he lightly tossed her onto the bed before launching himself into the place beside her. "Let's play a game. You ask a question and we both answer." She thought about his offer and nodded. She positioned herself comfortably on his pillows and he did the same.

"Okay... What's your favourite colour?" 

"Asking the hard questions, are we?" He teased, earning an eye-roll. "Red, like the blood of my enemies." He announced proudly with a goofy smirk. 

"You're a dork." 

"I could be your dork." She shook her head with a laugh. 

"Okay, Dork. Whats-"

"Ah ah ah, it's your turn to answer, Darling." He reminded her.

"I like green." She answered, trying to think of another question. 

"What do you do for fun?" He opened his mouth to answer but she interrupted him. "And if you say women I'll hit you with the remote." She warned causing him to throw his head back in laughter.

"Well then, my second choice is baseball." He grinned. "I like going to the batting cages. What about you?" Bonnie had to think about her hobbies that didn't involve Caroline and Elena. 

"This is going to sound stupid but I like witchcraft." She blushed and hid her face in his shoulder. She had chased away a few different blind dates by saying that so it was always a risk. 

"Maybe you could show me sometime." He said simply. Bonnie met his eyes and he smiled at her. She reflected his expression before leaning in and pecking his lips. "What was that for?" 

"I don't know. Just for being you." She shrugged biting her lip.

"Got another question?" Kol wondered, enjoying getting to know her more than he thought he would. 

"What was your longest relationship?" She asked after a few moments. 

"Aren't there rules about bringing up exes?"

"Since when did rules matter to Kol Mikaelson?" She asked him with a pointed look.

"Fair, my longest relationship was with a girl named Davina. We were together for a few years in high school." He explained. "My family never liked her so when she graduated, we ran away together. My parents cut me off but it didn't matter, I was hopelessly in love." Bonnie was captivated by his love story and suddenly began to feel self-conscious. 

"What happened?" 

"When we grew up, we grew apart. She's an amazing woman and a part of me will always love her but we aren't meant to be." He explained with a shrug.

"Do you believe in all that? Being meant to be?"

"I think it's your turn to answer a question-"

"Kol!" Bonnie groaned and he sighed.

"I don't know if I believe in it but I hope that it's true. It's nice to think that there's someone out there who's perfect for me." He confessed. "Now, longest relationship, go." 

"I dated my friend's brother for almost three years. We broke up after he cheated on me." Kol gasped at her answer. 

"He was an idiot," Kol told her, sounding completely serious.

"Kol...why did you ask me to stay?" She wondered, rolling onto her side so she could face him. He followed her lead. 

"Because I wasn't ready to say goodbye." Bonnie blushed slightly at his charming words.

"Even though I won't have sex with you?" 

"I care about more than just sex." He chuckled, brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

"So...if I kissed you right now...you wouldn't try to take it further?" Kol thought for a moment. He had a beautiful woman in his bed, wanting to kiss him and she was wondering if he would try to do more. Usually, he wouldn't hesitate but something about her made him want to take it slow. 

"Only if you want to." Bonnie thought about Katherine's plan for a moment before pushing it out of her mind. She could deal with Katherine's frustration later. She met Kol's eyes and smiled wide. 

"Good answer." She pressed her lips to his and the rest of the night disappeared.