43

Y/N's POV
Currently, 슈중, 슈라 and I were being led to 정열 and 빙's eighty stories high company building.

Walking in, I bowed to the staff who opened the door for us muttering a soft thank you to him out of courtesy.

What I didn't expect was that his eyes seemed to soften slightly when we accidentally made brief eye contact.
Yet I didn't think that it was because I said a polite thank you that caused his eyes to change. Since his pupils seemed to glow more of one with a hint of endearment.

Does he recognize my face or something?
But that's not possible. Unless it's my members' closest staff, which he obviously isn't.
Don't tell me he guessed my identity and face from just my eyes alone?!
Did I mistake the look in his eyes?
But why would you look adoringly at someone as benumbed as me?

I panicked internally for a minute before I quickly recomposed my mind, taking in a quiet deep breath and telling myself that it doesn't matter, and to move on.

Brushing off whatever thoughts I had, I begin to check out the place, scanning the whole area with my eyes.
The place had blinding bright lights,
filled with neatly arranged items,
glazed with fancy intricate designs on the walls,
spreading the scent of the refreshing spring breeze(most likely air freshener),
and the cold air conditioning that envelops your soul.
Not too bad...

Everything seems great but it's sad to say that it doesn't amaze me.
At least not anymore.
I mean I do feel a little smidgen of awe due to the glamorous exterior, but only just a small whit.
I've seen many buildings like this, so it has come to a point where it ceases to entertain me.

Getting past security and entering the lift, 빙 scanned his thumbprint at the scanner by the lift's number pad and he carried on to type in his passcode before he clicked on the button labeled the number eighty.
Since we had to go quite up high, we obviously spent some time just standing in the elevator waiting to reach the level.

Taking this time, I started to analyze the interior of the lift. It was then when I noticed something was amiss.
Though the elevator decoration looks posh, there's one segment of the decor that appears slightly out of place.

I'm not saying that with it, it looks bad. Since it does seem to blend in, and pair quite well with the original theme.

The piece that was a blot to my sight was this wooden board that is hinged onto the back of the elevator.
It was then something on the board caught my attention. Calculating fast, my mind fabricated the most logical explanation. It was only then, did I understand.
I simpered, a faint smile tugging my lips.

We went up to the highest floor which was only accessible to 정열 and 빙. Upon the lift doors opening, 정열 and 빙 automatically scooched down to the elevator floor while I had to grab both 슈중 and 슈라 with both my arms to force them down to the ground with me as I ducked.

In the next instance, multiple arrows flew right above us, flying through where our heads once were and striking hard at the wooden board that hung up on the back of the elevator.

Glowering at all four of them, I could visibly see 빙 and 정열 shiver. Along with 슈라 and 슈중's facial complexion drastically paling to white.

With a click of my shoes, I strutted forward walking ahead with them trailing behind me like little ducklings following their mother.

After quite some time they still like to play around. Shameless!

Taehyung's POV
Left. Right. Left and kick!

I was training vigorously to up my standards when a familiar-looking mosquito flew to me(then again, all mosquitoes look identical to me).

With sweat dripping off my bangs, I paused my movements, taking a moment to grab my towel, before I faced that darn mosquito again.

Breathing heavily I huffed, "what is it mosquito? Aren't you the one who bugged me before?"

The mosquito continued to hover annoyingly directly in front of my face with no answer.
I facepalmed at that. As if it will reply me. Why did I expect an insect to reply me?! Ridiculous!

Glancing at that minuscule winged creature, I spoke again "You can't be the same one right? Don't you guys have short lifespans?" (Seriously how many times have I asked that question...)

Once again I rolled my eyes at myself.
What is wrong with me? Am I so lonely that I have resolved to talking to a creature that cannot reply me? Simply outrageous!

Letting out a loud puff of air, I pivoted myself preparing to walk away from that flying thing that is making me lose my mind.

"Wait up Taehyung.", a voice called out from behind.

My feet stuck to the ground as I stood there frozen in shock. I wasn't hallucinating, right?
Did a voice just call me from behind?

Turning around I saw nothing.
I sighed to myself. Maybe these few sleepless nights wishing Y/N was here,  is really getting to me.

Combing my hand through my hair I decided to stop training for the day seeing that I am feeling rather distraited.

Letting out a breath of air, I chugged down some water to cool myself off. I closed my eyes and sat on the ground wanting to take a little rest before going for Namjoon's gang meeting later on.

It was at that moment when a voice appeared again. "SSFIRE is back. And you guys will be collaborating together soon."

What?

In disbelief, I wanted to open my eyes to see who on earth was playing a prank on me, but I halted my actions for a second when it spoke again, "Do not open your eyes"

However, that didn't hinder me for long. The next moment I opened my eyes in defiance. Whipping my head up, down, left and right, nothing was in sight.

Did I imagine all those words again?
Us, working together with SSFIRE?
Didn't they like leave this line of business? Leaving no trace behind?
Then how could we even join hands with them?

This sleep deprivation must really be getting to me. It has to be seriously affecting me if I'm starting to interpret manifestation of sounds.

"Taehyung I was looking for you. Come on, the meeting is about to start", I heard Jimin call out to me.

Was I here for that long?

Spinning around to face him, I gave him a boxy smile pushing back all my thoughts from before as I scanned Jimin. His face seemed brighter and his aura much lighter, though with a hint of some other feeling that I can't decipher.

I knew Jimin rather well so it is now natural for me that I can now kind of make out Jimin's emotions. I'm glad he seems happier. Seeing him so blithesome, I too am chuffed.

"Okay coming. Let's go."

??? POV
"Dear, I found Y/N. Don't worry, I will make sure to take revenge for you. I will end her personally, along with that little boyfriend of hers." a woman spoke, her tone sounding like she was in a jocular mood yet deadly as she graced her gentle fingers down the picture that laid in her palms.

_____________________

Author's Note:
Please don't mind the random mosquito scene😅 I'm not exactly in the right state of mind typing it at like some ungodly hour of the night. So don't mind it.

Sorry for the still boring chapter *sigh*

However, I still do hope that you enjoyed it. Please don't mind any errors, add to your reading list, vote and feel free to leave a comment.

Stay safe and

Stay happy readers!  ~♥ ~