Earth Mode ON: THREE

Start from the beginning

After an extremely long time of consideration, I decided to take my chances and swim to the fence. All I could do was hope for the best.

I descended from the tree trunk slowly and held onto its side firmly.

"This is the only way. Thank you for saving my life," I whispered against the tree trunk and caressed its side. I took a deep breath before using the trunk to push myself forward and started swimming away. My legs weren't feeling well at all, and so was my back so swimming was, indeed, difficult. However, I knew that I had to tolerate the pain as much as I possibly could. I groaned under water, and for a moment, my legs suddenly decided to give up on me. The first thing I decided to do was to resurface and catch my breath before going back down to see where the problem was, but it seemed like one of my legs got stuck.

I held my leg and kept on pulling at it in an attempt to free it, but my oxygen levels were decreasing rapidly and my legs weren't helping me at all.

"No, no, no! Not now, please! Hold on a little more! I can release it," I thought to myself.

I decided to dive in even deeper to check where the problem was, but when your oxygen levels are low and your legs already gave up on you, that isn't really the best choice to make. 

I searched for what was holding me back, and managed to see where the problem was. For some very unknown reason, there was a bent down piece of metal in there and some ropes were tied to it, floating around my leg. My leg got caught in the middle of the tangled mess the ropes were in.

I tried to cut myself loose, but the case of lack of oxygen I was facing left me powerless. It felt as though I had lost all forms of control over my muscles to the point that even lifting a finger was impossible. My whole body was exhausted and that was mainly because I was freaking out, causing my body to use even more energy when it didn't have much initially.

The moment I felt like I might pass out down there, I told myself that I needed to chill and figure out how to untangle the ropes or else I might actually die. I blew out the air that I had left and then began untangling the ropes slowly. It was much easier when I calmed myself down and in no time I was capable of releasing myself. My sense of satisfaction with my rapid and unexpected success didn't last long though and that was because the moment I decided to start kicking my legs to resurface, I felt a stinging pain shoot up my body which caused me to involuntarily scream underwater.

I tried floating back up again by kicking only one leg and it worked to a certain extent. The moment my face was out of the water, I gasped then started panting, lungs struggling to function properly.

At least I'm not dead.

I started swimming again towards the fence and soon enough, I found myself pushing my whole body over it and then allowed myself to drop to the ground. My arms took immediate action and started pulling my whole body against the muddy ground, staining my whole shirt and pants in the process. The moment I decided to stand up, though, I felt an immense amount of pain shooting up my leg. Due to the intolerable pain I felt in my leg, I allowed my body to fall back down and immediately bent my pants upward to see where the problem was.

I was bleeding badly. Apparently, the bent down piece of metal down there stabbed me with a couple of nails as I swam. I was probably kicking too hard. Not only that, but I also guess I never felt it since the ropes had a strong grip on my leg that it made the pain disappear for a moment.

"Oh god," I hissed as I held my injured leg and rolled around in pain. 

There was no way I could start walking anywhere. Also, if I didn't die from starvation or thirst, I would've probably died from extreme blood loss, so I had to apply pressure on the wound somehow.

What should I wrap around my leg?

There was nothing useful around me. All I was capable of seeing was endless amounts of trash.

Oh god.

I kept on scanning my surroundings thoroughly until a realization hit me then looked at my pants with dismay.

I mean, it is my favourite pair and I wore it for the fansign but they are already ruined so why not?

There were a lot of shattered pieces of glass all around me, so I grabbed the nearest one and held it near the tip of my pants. I clenched my jaw and looked at my pants with so much guilt.

Ugh god! Let's just do this!

I held the piece of glass near the tip of my muddy pants before I finally let out a deep breath and ripped it carefully. My hand lead the piece of glass as carefully and accurately as possible around the bottom of my pants until I ended up with a long strip of cloth which I then used to wrap tightly around my wound. I knew nothing about medicine, but this seemed just about right to me, except for the fact that the strip of cloth that I had cut was extremely dirty.

I didn't know much about human biology, but what I did know was that I needed to get any form of medical assistance as soon as possible or else I would have been forced to amputate it, or at least that was what I thought. I didn't know whether it was true or not. After making sure that my wound was wrapped up well, I tried standing up then started limping.

There is nowhere for me to go, but I'll walk anyway. If I spot another human, that will be enough to heal me.

 If I spot another human, that will be enough to heal me

●●●●●●●●●●

Hello my lovelies!

Chapter threeeee!!!

How is it going so far? I'm trying to squeeze out ideas from my brain. I never wrote about such a topic and I feel like the key to such a topic is to be able to describe things perfectly. I'll make sure to expand my vocabulary and describing skills as well so that I can make this book the best it can ever be!

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter though!

Don't forget to take care and love yourselves,

Thank you all,

I love you,

-R 💜💜