She waited at their usual meeting spot as she didn't see the white haired woman. She bought herself some snacks to accompany her. But her awaited person never came. She didn't want to lose faith, so she stayed there until noon.

Astra got tired of waiting so she decided to walked back home. She just hoped Freya didn't avoid her on purpose. To released some of her insecure feeling, she decided to call her best friend, Collete.

"Hey, what's up?" asked Collete as soon as the phone rang.

"Hey, I need your advise right now," Astra began, "so I just met this person and I think we fit really well. But now I think they're avoiding me."

"Okay, first off, it'd only been two days since I saw you. How come you have this kind of trouble already?"

"Collete, please, I really don't know where to start. I just want to meet them again," Astra sighed.

Collete stayed quiet for a few seconds before saying, "did you said something that might offend them? Or did you do anything to make them uncomfortable?"

Astra wandered back to yesterday event, from when she greeted her to Freya left her in the dark. "I guess. I mean, I did ask something a little bit sensitive, but I don't think it would be this bad."

"What was their reaction after your question?" the other side asked again.

"It's... I don't know. The food arrived and we stopped talking about it, but I felt this unsaid tension between us," Astra tried to explain. Collete hummed indicating Astra to continue. "We ate and talked a little and that was it. Suddenly they stood up, said have to go somewhere and they kissed my cheek...," she continued with a sudden realization. She kissed me. Freya f*ing kissed me again.

"Hello! You're still with me, Ash?" Collete asked as Astra suddenly went silent.

Waking up from her trance, Astra abruptly replied, "yeah, yeah. I'm here."

"The kiss. It must mean something, right? I mean if they explained properly, that means they probably have the same feeling as you, don't you agree?" her friend explained her theory in which gave Astra her hopes.

A smile showed on her face as she responded, "yeah, you're right. I probably just overthink things. We positively will meet again in the future."

"So this said person, is it a boy or a girl?" Collete snickered.

The girl blushed, "I-It's none of your concern. Anyway talk to you later. Bye!" she stuttered as she hanged up the phone.

Astra arrived at her home with much better feeling. Though it still gnawed her heart to think otherwise. She entered the house to be greeted by no one. The house was empty, well almost empty.

"Welcome back, niece," greeted Nyx as he closed the book he was reading.

"Hey, uncle Nyx. Where are mom and dad?"

"Your parents are away for awhile. They asked me to accompany you until they return," he answered.

"Oh cool. I'll be in my room then," she said as she walked upstairs.

"Astra," Nyx called catching the girl's attention, "mind if you sit with me?"

Astra looked back, "okay," as she walked towards her uncle.

The girl joined her uncle on the couch. When she face to face with him then she realized he got a few fresh cut on his face. She smelled something on him, blood. Astra knew her uncle is the Night Lord. She also knew what kind of things he must has done. And she knew better than asked.

"Child, do you want to hear a story?" Nyx inquired.

Astra nodded, not knowing what is best than pleased her uncle.

"There was a time when earth just full of human," he began, "but humans were a corrupted species. They exploited the earth to the very last drop and cared less about it. Noticing this happen, the Moon Goddess couldn't say idle. She created new species who far better than human to protect the earth.

"And so, vampires and werewolves were put on earth. Both species stopped the human from hurting mother nature, resulting in human fears for our kind. The vampires and werewolves agreed to divide their domain on earth. Both swore to protect it from human. As agreement the werewolves took the south side while the vampires took the north side.

"But werewolves were a cunning creature. They tricked our ancestors to give them more land. But the vampires didn't cope for long until they started to see through the wolves. They asked the other side to stop pillaging the vampires' land. Unfortunately it didn't stop those mutt and soon the war began," Nyx stopped his story to look at his niece.

"You see, my dear Astra, those ungrateful mutt had been bad news since ancient time," he continued, "that is why I want you to be extra careful."

Astra stayed silent for a while. She then said, "I understand, uncle. I didn't know they are this evil."

Nyx stroked her head, "there are many things you don't know yet, but rest well, I will tell you everything. In the meanwhile I want you to have this," he said as he pulled out a silver bracelet.

"A bracelet?" The girl retorted.

Nyx put it on Astra's wrist, "I put a spell in it. There is one werewolf on the loose. That is why I want you to have it," he explained, "Now remember, if you by any chance confront with the wolf, I want you to put some magic into it and I will immediately teleport to your location," her uncle warned.

The girl only nodded in agreement. She just hopped it didn't happen to her, or Freya.