After Jackson getting a kiss from both me and Steve , he went into surgery. As Steve and I began to walking back to the waiting room I broke the silence saying. “I can’t believe you remembered” he shrugged as I added “the seashell in my foot at the lake”. He nodded saying “how could I forget , I still have the shell you know” I chuckled at the distant memory before entering the waiting room to see Alison sitting in one of the chairs. She quickly got up to hug Steve“how was he” she asked , Steve nodded saying “he just went in , it’ll be a while” she nodded saying “okay , how are you holding up” Steve again nodded saying “okay , I think”. The two then began walking towards one of the couches in the waiting room , Leaving me in there dust. After a couple of sitting in the waiting room , and all I could hear were Steve and Alisons giggles , stolen kisses and all I could see was how snuggly the two were and how Alison was basically sitting in Steve’s lap. After a few more minutes I decided to leave the love fest and go for a walk , causing Steve to sit up saying. “Where are you going” he asked , I just shrugged saying “a walk” he nodded saying “do you want me to come with”. I shook my head saying “no I’m okay” he sighed saying “Y/n I’m anxious too , but why don’t you sit with us” I shook my head saying “no , I just need to be alone” he continued saying “Y/n you need to sit when was the last time you ate” I sighed saying “it doesn’t matter I’m going for my walk”. Steve back in his chair giving up while I started my walk.

After a few minutes of walking I went back to the waiting room , to find Steve and no Alison. “Where’s Alison” I asked , he sighed saying “she went to get something to eat , which is what you should be doing”. I rolled my eyes saying “whatever” I then gestured to the seat next to him saying “can I sit” he nodded silently. After taking my seat Steve and I sat in silence and all I could do is wait before hearing Steve say “he’ll be okay , he’s a strong kid” I nodded whipping the tears off my cheek as he added “he gets it from you Y/n”. I shook my head saying “no , probably you Steve” he sighed saying “well wherever he gets it from he’s lucky to have you”. I nodded before asking “do you remember last time we were here” he nodded saying “yeah you almost broke my damn hand” I sighed saying “you try pushing a baby out , and having a smile on your face”. I then saw Steve frown at my comment before saying “I’m sorry” I shrugged as he added “that I left that day , it was selfish” I then added “okay how about the first tome we came here”. He chuckled saying “yeah , third grade when I broke my arm after falling in Ms. Andrews class , cause someone put a rubber spider in my backpack ”. I rolled my eyes saying “well you put yellow paint in my shoes" he chuckled at the distant memory before I added " I mean when we were together , I meant when we came for the first time while I was pregnant with him”. He nodded saying “how could I forget the first time I saw him” I responded saying "same way I could forget you when you cried after falling in Mrs. Andrews class you cried and made me promise that I'd never tell Tommy about it". Steve chuckled saying "you didn't though right" I shook my head saying "no I didn't" Steve sighed before saying "do you know why I used to pick on you when we were kids" I shook my head as he added "cause I always liked you , and I -" his cut himself off before I turned around to see Alison standing behind me I then saw a sight from her I thought I'd never see , Alison had tears in her eyes , she was crying. Steve quickly got out of his seat as Alison walked away and Steve being Steve ran after her , and that wasn't something he ever did for me. That's when I realized he had chosen Alison and that it was finally time for me to accept it no matter how painful it was going to be.

Flashback
"Ugh why do I have to go" Steve said practically slamming his head onto the back of his seat almost like a small child who was throwing a tantrum. I sighed saying "because you promised and I've let you bail twice and I'm not going alone". He rolled his eyes saying "but Tommy and the guys wanted to-" he then sensed my annoyance with him before saying "I mean yay we get to see out little peanut" he then placed a kiss on my heavily swollen bump to sell his performance of someone who was interested in going to this appointment with me.