•• Chapter 34 ••

I expect to wake up draped in silk sheets, my head on a soft pillow, Emmett playing a violin in the corner of his room, softly, slowly, relaxed now that I am back.

Now... dun, dun dun... that I have succumbed to such a wanton position; enjoying the sexual adventure, despite the 'situation'. You know, my stolen identity and all that.

However, some of it could be put down to a misunderstanding... ha, yeah right, maybe not quite. But I was obeying - kind of. I got fucked damn hard last night, it was clear to me.

So I stretch as I awaken - my wrists tight and my hands numb, I probably slept on my hands or something... and I open my eyes to Emmett's bedroom.

And instead.

The cage surrounds me.

And I'm shackled to the bed.

Not just my wrists.

My ankles, too.

I pull on the restraints but they seem to get tighter the more I resist, so I quickly stop.

I croak out like a frog, a panicked ribbit - "R-r - "

Ransom?

I can't speak - my throat closed off.

I look around, the very dim torture chamber.

I... I can't see much, because it's so dark.

But I do see a shadow, I just can't make out the features.

I squint, as this shadowy figure picks up a few iron rods and compares the symbols on each end.

"Ransom?" I call out, in a squeak.

No answer.

But - I do here a low rumble, a roaring even. My eye balls roll toward the other end of the room.

A burning furnace, heating up, iron door closed, the slightest orange glow permeating from the edges.

B...

Br- br...

Brand.

Flaming. Iron hot.

Brand.

I think of the slaves in the Gentlemen Club branded SLUT.

"NO!" I scream out immediately, tugging as hard as I can and thrashing around, attempting to loosen my restraints, "NO!" I scream again, this time in a true panic.

No, this was too far.

This was worse than sadism.

A brand was put on livestock.

I start to hyperventilate and I feel a pinch at my skin from how hard I've been tugging.

Ransom, Emmett - indeed - finally, approaches me.

He's holding an iron stick, but it's cold - it's not glowing.

I freeze as he looks in from the cage bars, blinking slow, pressing his forehead to the cage, "...Cherry..."

"You're a psychopath," I whisper it, truly terrified, "This isn't hot, Ransom - this is barbaric, this is evil! I'm scared, please don't make this a game like that, please."

"It was always a game, baby."

Emmett's face starts to glow and his laugh starts to emit all around me, echoing, like an evil nemesis.

MWA.

HA.

HAHAHA!

****