•• Chapter 8 ••

I stand by the mirror in a black and white themed bathroom. I'm too nervous to even sit on the toilet even after I lock the door. I find myself fixing my hair and my white shirt, tucked into my waist high skirt. My lips are slightly swollen and I still remember the pressure of Emmett's belt silencing me... mere minutes ago... and his fingers slowly trailing across my face. 

Emmett was testing me.

I didn't complain...

...but I should have.

That's why I needed a moment to myself. I admit, I wanted to get caught up in flirting and our little chats. But as for how far things could progress... I wasn't ready for anything else. Emmett was too forceful with the money. I was too... indecisive. 

The fact is, it wouldn't work. Even if he loosened up. Even if he let me harmlessly sleep over.

Emmett Ransom would continue to want my ass for one night; it was the only reason I was allowed in here anyway.

I have my answer, even if I'm panicked - and just then Emmett conveniently knocks at the door.

"Cherry..." Emmett barks my endearment but then forces himself to lighten his tone when he also adds, "...are you... okay?" when I don't answer straight away, I look myself in the mirror instead and I shake my head. Idiot. Bimbo.

You shouldn't be here. This could escalate to somewhere so dangerous.

Emmett wanted to do things to you and how far he wanted to take those things... well... reality was I had no idea what he was capable of.  A part of me was freaking out, as well, that the cage and the collar that he joked about... may not be a joke at this stage.

I'm done.

I'm so done.

"Emmett?" I speak his first name as I turn, fists clenched as I walk to the door, "We need to talk."

I place my hand on the knob and I turn it to the sound of silence from his end.

I swing the door aside and I face him bravely, tilting up my chin and putting on my own power pose.

Ransom says nothing, but I do see his belt which is still in his hand... which bothers me a little, but I had to bluff that it didn't. I just stare into his curious violet and azure eyes.

"No more games," I speak as seriously as possible, "No more flirting. Just facts. I don't want your money," I shrug, "And you don't want... well, anything but my body. You don't know me. I don't know you. I think this is stupid. And I should leave. And you should give Adam his job back. Emmett. Please give Adam his job back."

I watch Emmett's eyes... travel down to my skirt.

He breathes in slowly and then his eyes snap back up to my gaze.

"...okay," he breathes, quietly.

"Great," I aim to walk past, instead, I end up walking into an outstretched arm, the one holding the belt. I halt, my heart skips a beat and I shuffle back an inch, pursing my lips. I don't want to see his face right now, so I just stare towards my exit, even as I ask, "What is it, Emmett?"

I refuse to say Ransom any long, it was - 

Wait. Emmett drops his arm and he looks the other way, taking a step in the opposite direction to me.

"Okay. You leave now and you never come back," Emmett speaks so low and so quietly, I have to strain to hear him, "...but if you stay..."

"...what?" I shouldn't ask it. I shouldn't want to know.