•• Chapter 25 ••

Emmett Ransom gets ready in his bathroom the next morning, with a horrible temper.

So much for taming the sex-beast. He fucked me two more times after the ass pounding, and he fell asleep like a purring kitten. 

Now... well, shit.

I'm lying in bed, sheet up to my eyes, bloody sore all over. I have bruises from his fingers and my pussy is throbbing and still sticky from his cum, and mine.

My eyes lie upon Ransom fixing his hair and spritzing on cologne. Fixing his cuffs, glaring at himself in the mirror. Wiping off his shoes. Tying his shoes. Changing ties. Five times. Until he discards the tie completely.

Eventually he considers grabbing an umbrella but seems indecisive about that too.

He said, when we both woke up, that he didn't want any morning chatter. 

Now, um...

I've kept silent for the hour as he got ready for work, and I'm a little... worried about his OCD.

Emmett looks perpetually pissed. Nobody should be this angry in the morning.

I shuffle up on the pillow and I clear my throat, speaking through the sheet, "Um. Are. You. Okay?"

Ransom pauses, as if remembering now that I'm here.

He spins on his heel and his violet and azure eyes become controlled, he relaxes his shoulders and he raises a hand to rub his thumb under his lip, as he considers me.

Okay...

I say nothing else, so... that's a bonus, right?

"I'm fine, Cherry," Ransom speaks like a fine wine, you know, like, perfect taste, perfectly balanced. I nod. Now he is okay? What?

Ransom's nostrils flare, he turns and walks to his door, then abruptly spins back to face me.

I freeze as his eyes glare through me, and he bunches a fist. Oh, GOD, what was the problem?

"Do you like Japanese food?" Ransom asks, slowly raising a brow.

Date?

I open my mouth and no words come out, more a whiney Eeyeee

A disturbed yes.

Ransom digs his hand into a back pocket without taking his eyes off me.

He takes out his wallet, he picks out a credit card and tosses it onto the sheets.

"Get out for the day, and shop," Ransom nods, "1pm set a table for two under Ransom, at Oishi, you know where that is right? Just you and me.  A pretend date. My mother, step-mum, eats there around that time. It's a, contingency plan. Okay? I'm not letting that bitch get the better of me. Wear something - neck to toe. Turtle neck. Plain. No skin showing. Just look presentable, business like, plain designer, as rich as you want," Ransom stops rambling and takes in a breath to look at my widening eyes, he holds up a finger, "Not. A. Real. Date. Cherry. You're a fucking slave. You'll do as you're told. Don't lose that card, it's got no limit."

Ransom grabs his shit and poof.

Well, he walks out the door but he may as well leave smoke behind.

He's gone.

I roll out of bed. Legless.

I mean... what about S -

Slade.

I hear Ransom's deep drawl on the other side, down the corridor, speaking to his brother, so I scramble on all fours to the door and then press my ear to it.