Dianne's dancer

The lights of the stage are so bright that one cannot dance with their eyes open. The lady stands on her toes as she prances to the other side of the stage. She dances to music that isn't playing. While the girl is dancing as if her life is on the line, her instructor only narrows her eyes "I'm not certain I can be more direct Bella. The people don't want to see a wriggling worm on a rod, they want a dancing lady"

As the song crescendos, the dancer prances higher and higher, lifting her legs past her neck. It was as if she was a puppet being pulled by strings "I don't think you understand me Bella" she checks her invisible watch "it's time for you to go to sleep" The dancer lunges forwards in an impossible move, nearly breaking her ankle "NO not yet, I swear I can do this!" 

"you need your beauty sleep Bella" the lady responds mockingly "you've overstayed three hours of practice, five more minutes" Her heart picks up speed She couldn't do it

"please! I swear I can do it! I don't need to sleep" she says sounding clearly exhausted as she collapses onto the ground. The instructor gets up from her seat, her red cocktail dress swayed as she walked. The dress looked as if it'd slip off against Dianne's slim figure. 
Dianne approaches her and gently lifts her chin "you'd give up sleep for me?"
"this is important to me! my whole life I've been dancing"

"then so be it"