#28 Muslimah in Love - Interview

Author : Atkbm aka Miss_atkbm

Book Interview : Muslimah in Love

Other Work(s) : When You Know

Interview with Miss_atkbm

1> What inspired you to write?

> What inspired me to write?

Well, I went to boarding school and it had a seriously small library. After reading all the decent books, my room-mates and I became seriously bored. I love reading books and watching movies, and so many ideas came to me. But there were things in books and movies that I disliked or would've done differently. Therefore, I thought what better way to eradicate/improve them than by writing my own book. So, for my own entertainment and my room-mates, I begun writing. Later, after I had left, I decided to write an Islamic love story since I had never really come across any except for maybe 'Does my head look big in this' or '10 things I hate about me' by Randa Abdel-Fattah. But i wanted it to be more authentic and based in Britain because that;s where I live and our marriage journey is different to the western world. I mean we still do arranged marriages. Also, I always saw articles and school denouncing arranged marriages but it wasn't like that. So i wanted to present a positive version and the reality that's its not bad at all and at times perfect even! So i begun writing 'Muslimah in Love'!

2> What is your most favorite Wattpad Moment?

> My favourite Wattpad moment would probably be getting a message from Wattpad HQ saying that 'Muslimah in Love' was included in the 'Stories of My Ummah'. I felt so honoured. I really felt that my writing and handwork was being recognized and it meant so much! So, yes that was my favourite moment.

3> I have read few comments of Muslimah in Love. Your work is being highly praised. You expected such response?

> I honestly didn't know what to expect! But the response has been absolutely incredible. I really did not at all expect such. So, thank you SO much to everyone who has been supporting me!

4> Your favorite character from Muslimah in Love and Why?

> Ah, to be honest I don't know who my favourite character is because usually we all have this picture-perfect idea of the characters and they are usually presented as almost perfect. But I don't think any of my characters for this book are perfect. All of them have flaws, Zara included. Some of her decisions seem silly and immature and Zaid's past isn't great. But I think Zaid is my favourite because he has come a long way from what he was and what he as become in his character development. He realised his mistakes and worked hard to rectify it. Mainly, he didn't give up on Zara and love! :)

5> How is Musliman in Love different from any other Islamic Stories we have on Wattpad?

> Hmm, I don't know. Well, I've attempted to read a few others and I probably only liked 1 or 2 from the hundreds I came across. Most of them seemed to have the same plot going. But as a Muslim, I know that teenagers in the western world nowadays do not get married etc when their a teen. Mainly, I believe strongly that love or relationships do not have to begin before the marriage as seen in the western world. Many books end with marriage. So, what i wanted to emphasis on the beginning of their marriage and the relationship after. As Zaid once said 'for us everything is after marriage' :)

6> What do you do when your parents ground you from using Wattpad?

> Hmm, they aren't really aware of my activities on Wattpad, so I don't get grounded. My mum knows i write but I'm not really open about it. However, i do ground myself, because sometimes I get carried away with it when I should really be focusing on my work and assignments.

7> Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

> Ah, I have learnt a few things. Especially that its easy to have a story and a plot in your head but putting it down in writing is extremely difficult. Another thing is to have a plan before you start writing. Also, I no longer berate authors for taking so long when releasing their next books. :)

8> Have you ever hated something you wrote?

> Yes. Absolutely. All the time. Sometimes, i look back at my earlier writings, especially those i wrote in boarding school, i just laugh at myself and how bad it was. It's tragically hilarious.

9> Have you had a fictional crush? If yes, then which story and what is the name of the character?

> I have way too many fictional crushes! But to name a few;

Josh Bennett from 'The sea of tranquillity'

Four from Divergent

Alex Ride from the Alex Rider series

Noah from Pushing the limits

Caleb from The opportunist

Jay Gatsby from the great Gatsby

Edward from Twilight (yes, when i first read the books before it became big, i was obsessed)

and many, many more! (lol)

10> How far do you believe in the saying marriages are made in heaven?

> I do believe that marriages have been fated, predestined, and planned already by God but I don't think they were made in heaven.

11> Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

> Hmm, I haven't been reading for pleasure recently, more for my assignments, so unfortunately I haven't come across any authors that grasp my interests recently but Virginia Woolf has Samantha Young were two authors books that i did enjoy recently.

12> Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

> Yes and that's the biggest, hugest THANK YOU times a million! You incredible people keep me writing and motivated and I honestly wouldn't get this far without you. Sometimes, during the bad days, you people bring a smile to my face. Your comments and votes mean so much and really do make my day. So THANK YOU! :) :D :-* :-X

Thanks for Reading. :)