Book Review of Doll Boy + Interview with mintafterpaste

Book: Doll Boy 

Author: mintaftertaste

Description: "He smiled, despite the pain."

For his heart must be filled with love that he never received.

Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/18842116-doll-boy-completed

Status: Complete

My Review: Doll Boy by mintasfterpaste is an exceptionally good story, dealing with issues related to Life and Love. Love... Love can be elusive for most of us. Very fortunate people are blessed with finding their true love. A Love that is pure, selfless and unconditional. Doll Boy deals with one such tale of love where the guy who didn't even knew if he was going to live or not, got lucky enough to find a once-in-a-lifetime kind of love, in Ayna, who was seen loving him despite so many highs and lows and even with the distances. I am sorry, I won't give away more about the characters or story, as it will ruin the mystery, the plot holds. But, I can assure you that when you read the story you will not be able to stop yourself from going with flow, you will relate to Ayna, you will sympathise with Eugene and you will find yourself wishingfor them to be together at the end. There are moments that will make your heart whimper and then there will be moments when you will be saying words like aww..cute..wow. 

But, let me mention it to you that "Doll Boy" is not just about love but a lot more than that. The Truth about life, the pain and suffering one has to go through, the battles one has to face trying to survive dealing with their fate and finding happiness has been very expertly described by the author. She has made the characters express themselves, very nicely, sending her message to readers through the story. Reading about Eugene and Ayna, might end up feeling like it's about someone you know for real.

The plot was interesting and well-crafted with a few plot twists she managed to maintain the mystery the plot needed to leave it's readers wondering what shall happen next. And, that is such a good thing. Her writing style is applaudable. Personally, I loved it. The Author notes were educative and inspiring

Final words : A Read Once will tell you I am so right with whatever I said. And, You might find yourself looking back into few scenes again, because they were just too wonderful and worth a second read. I did so. ;)

 Interview with mintafterpaste

 1) Tell us about yourself

> Hi my name is Sam (that's a nickname and short version of my name. I don't feel comfortable sharing my full name for personal reasons. I'm in my twenties, but my writing level is below average, its high school level so bear with me. I like science and plan to pursue a career in that field. Writing is a hobby I've gained in the past year.

2) What's the earliest memory you have of writing a story/poem?

> I had to write about what would happen to the world if the sun didn't exist ;p

It was in grade six. ;p

I got a B on it XD

3) What inspires you to write?

> Anything. but sometimes, I'd rather just not share. I've planned plenty of stories but had to scrap a lot because of time, and the audience' mentality-mature theme and so on.