Chapter Twelve

Jasrah's POV
"Hey". I bent down and picked her up. "What are you doing behind the couch?". I asked.." Playing". She said shyly. "Mmmmm fun, what's your name cupcake?". I asked poking her nose.. "Aisha". She replied with a grin and i got the feeling she was loosening up with me which got me smiling.

"What ish your name?". She asked, her eyes fixed on my face with hardly any blink.

"Jasrah". I smiled
"Jashrah". She repeated. She was so cute beyond words. Having similar eyes to that of Hassan.

'Wait, how do I know that?'. I wondered.

"I'm ready". I heard Amaya's voice bringing me back to reality.
"Hey, i hope she didn't trouble you?". She asked pointing towards Aisha.

"No, she didn't. She's so cute". I said lightly pinching her cheeks which earned me a giggle from her.
"Well her babysitter will be here any minute. Do you mind waiting just a little bit?".

"Of course. Not a.......". I was cut off by the knock on the door.
"She's here". Amaya said heading to get the door.

We left after 10 minutes of Amaya giving the lady instructions.

It was evening by the time we finished shopping. We went to four different malls. It was so exhausting but Amaya was still energetic. We decided to go get Ice cream before leaving.

We arrived at Amaya's place around 8pm. Stepping out of the car i noticed Hassan's car parked at a distance from the parking lot.
'Why is he here?'. I thought to myself. Well it's his sister's place. What right do i have to question that.
"Shall we?". Amaya asked, holding all the shopping bags on both hand.
"Here, let me give you a hand". Giving her a smile before getting half of the bags.

"Jashrahhhh!". We were welcomed by Aisha running up to us hugging both our legs. "No,no young lady. She's Aunty Jasrah to you ". Amaya said giving a reprimanding look to Aisha.
"C'mon baby, say it?". She said to Aisha who was pouting. "Aunty Jashrah". She said shyly.

"It's fine actually". I began.
"No Jas. She should get used to it ". Amaya said.
"And why are not in bed, where is daddy?". She continued, leading us to the living room where i saw Hassan sitted talking with a man whom i presumed to be Amaya's husband.

"Hey babe". The man greeted and true to my presumption he was her husband.
"Hun, you didn't put Aisha in bed?". She asked with a yawn, giving him a tired look. To which she earned a mischievous grin.
Hassan was sat still looking at the duo with amusement all over his face before darting his eyes to me for a split second.

"Where are my manners? You must be Jasrah. Been hearing about you from my friend here". Amaya's husband who I'm yet to know said wiggling his eyelashes at Hassan. "I'm Farouq. Amaya's husband and your fiance's friend". He said grinning widely. Hassan gave him a threatening look before turning to me with a straight face.
"Shall we?". He asked me motioning to the door.
"Umm sure". I said.
"C'mon you both are leaving now? You could at least wait for dinner. I'll make it snappy". Amaya said.
"Don't worry Sis. Get some rest, we should be going now". Hassan stated trying to convince her. "Okay". She let out a defeated sigh.
"Bye Amaya". I said giving her a hug.
We all said our byes and were outside heading towards the car. With me trailing behind Hassan as he walked with a quick pace.
I got into the passenger's seat dropping the shopping bags behind.
Hassan always being cold and humorless had an annoyed look on his face to which i decided to ignore. I wasn't going to start up a conversation.

The drive felt so long. Reaching home, i stepped out of the car as quickly as i could. I needed to feel a different atmosphere other than the one i was in.
Hassan stepped out just seconds after i did walking up to me with the bags.
"Here! Learn to get your stuffs before leaving. You don't have a chauffeur and neither am i one". Giving me the bags as he turned to leave.
"Thank you". I muttered and headed for the door.
Just as i was about to get in. I heard him speak.
"Yeah, and mind you. We are going to see Dad tomorrow. So get yourself ready, I'll be here by 1pm". And with that he drove off. I stood there puzzled. After today's stress, I still have to go through another one tomorrow.
"I hope this ends soon". I said to myself before stepping in.
Meeting Anty Amina and Asiya in the sitting room..I greeted them and was going to my room when i finally heard Anty speak up.
"You tired of whoring around today?".
Sending a sharp pain to my heart, i turned to look at her with tearfilled eyes. Asiya was so enjoying this with a devilish grin plastered on her face.
My throat went dry that i could bring out a word so i decided to ignore them. Turning on my heels and heading up to my room, i heard Anty yelling for me to come back.

"Few more days. Just few more days and I'll be out of their way". Consoling myself as i got to my room. After freshening up i got myself in bed without thinking of dinner.
As hard as I tried to sleep,i couldn't. So reading was the only thing I could think of. Just by my bed side drawer was a book i started reading days ago. Burning hearts by Mysterious_Weirdoo
I got so engrossed that I lost tracked of time. My tummy let out a grumble and I realized I was hungry. It was about 11pm, they both must be in their rooms.

Getting out of bed i went to the kitchen and to my disappointment, nothing was available only a left over pasta in the refrigerator.
"Huhhhh, no pain no gain". I said and put it in a microwave.
Drifting into thoughts about tomorrow. Meeting his dad terrified me badly. How was i supposed to act. Is he as cold as Hassan?. He might be even worse. Or maybe just as easy going as Anty Laila.
Thoughts ran through my mind. The beeping sound of the microwave broke me out of my thoughts.
"Ya Allah, make this easy for me ". I said before getting into business with the pasta. Minutes later i was filled to the brim, finding my way up to my room. Sprawled on the bed my eyes began to feel heavy, with too much tiredness. I didn't bother adjust myself before sleeping.

Lovelies. So sorry for the late update
It's not so great but please bare with me 🙏🏻❤️

XOXO

Dripped_finesse17❤️❤️