Chapter Two

Jasrah's POV
I knocked and slightly turned the door nob.

Pushing the door open i found Asiya sprawled on her bed video chatting with a random guy. I cleared my throat, which caught her attention. "Yes?". She asked with a frown. "Umm Anty needs you at the dining room, dinner is ready". I said.

"Whatever, I'll be down in five minutes". She stated dryly not sparing me a glance. I stood there stuck on the spot which made Asiya tilt her head towards me and arched an eyebrow. "And, why are you still standing in my room for crying out loud?".

Asiya asked obviously annoyed.
"Umm Anty would be fu-rious if i don't re-turn to the dining room with you". I stammered.

"Huuuhhh, okay". She said dismissing what she was doing and immediately got off the bed.

We arrived the dining room and found Anty already sitted in her spot being annoyed as ever. "How many minutes will it take you to go and get my daughter? You are so useless. I won't allow my child to starve because of you." Anty said bitterly. Asiya who was busy with her phone raised her head and gave me a smirk which made me internally roll my eyes.
_______

Dinner went not so smoothly but Alhamdulillah. I didn't receive much of an earful from Anty. After clearing the table and washing the plates. I was headed to my room when Anty called me and summoned Asiya as well. We sat in the sitting room and Anty began, facing Asiya. "My friend Laila is coming tomorrow with her son Hassan, who has just returned from the USA. She made a proposal to which i well agreed to.

She wants you to be her daughter in-law".
Asiya's eyes plopped out and was dumbstruck. The look on her face made me giggle which earned me a glare from Anty.

Asiya still shocked got the energy to speak. "No, not possible. Mom i have a boyfriend. I'm not getting married to any random person. You can do the honor of getting him married to this excuse of a girl". I felt a pang of pain in my chest but who am i to let it affect me. Nothing new to me.
"Asiya!" Anty scolded. "Don't use that tone with me". She said. For once i thought she was stopping Asiya for being rude to me. "I got my hopes up for nothing". I scoffed. Silently enough not to be heard.
"I don't want to hear anymore word, both of you get ready tomorrow" Anty said and suddenly turned facing me. "Better be on your best behavior, i don't want you fooling around". She said before dismissing us. Asiya stormed off the sitting room.

I headed to my room and fell flat on my bed without changing into my pj's. "Well that was enough trouble for a day" I said with a yawn and drifted into a deep slumber.

Hey loves. Well i decided to publish two chapters today. But i can't promise to keep it up. What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter? Well let's see. I hope you guys liked this chapter. Writing a first story is very hard 😭🤔. But i gotta do it for you guys.. Ur comments and votes oo. Please 🙏😂❤️. Xoxo. Don't forget to share