No Longer Afraid

Dazai was panting heavily as he ran through the hospital hallway. Dazai got the call at work and his heart had dropped. Dazai ran up to the reception desk.

"Excuse me!" Dazai yells to the nurse. "I am here looking for Nakahara Chuuya!"

"Oh! You must be the father! Come with me. I'll show you to the room." The nurse came from behind the desk and she walked Dazai to the room and Dazai immediately rushed to Chuuya's side and grabbed his hand.

"You...hng... you made it..."

"Of course I did." He smiled. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world..." Dazai said as he kissed Chuuya's hand.

"Ha...!!!"

Dazai brushed Chuuya's hair back and he kissed his forehead. "Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable...?"

Chuuya shook his head. "They gave me medicine for pain... but they can't give me anymore... UGH!... fuck..."

Chuuya was in labor for 8 hours before he finally gave birth to their son. And when he did he was thoroughly exhausted. Chuuya could hear Arsene's cries and the nurse came over to Chuuya smiling.

"Look Chuuya. This is your baby."

Chuuya leans his head up and he starts to tear up. "He's beautiful..." the nurse helps Chuuya position correctly to hold him. Chuuya cried as he held him. Dazai kissed Chuuya over and over and Dazai smiled as he looked at their baby.

"He's so beautiful... thank you Chuuya... he's the greatest gift."

*

After a few days of Chuuya staying in the hospital with Arsene. They were finally able to bring him home. Dazai helped Chuuya out of the car, and then Dazai picked up Arsene out of the car seat. Dazai helped both of them inside. Dazai helped Chuuya sit down on the bed and he kissed him gently. "Just rest okay? I'll be back soon. Is there anything you want from the grocery store?"

Chuuya shook his head. "Whatever you got is fine."

Dazai smiled. "Alright." Dazai looked down at Arsene and he kissed his chubby cheeks. "Be well to Mama Arsene."

Arsene cooed and he looked at Dazai with his deep ocean blue eyes. Dazai smiled happily. Dazai was always so alone before. But now he had his own family.

"I love you."

"I love you too. We'll be fine." Chuuya smiled.

"Alright. Well I'll be right back then. An hour at most."

Dazai had left and he locked the door behind himself. Chuuya decided he'd take a nap, he was exhausted. Chuuya slipped off his pants and he put on more comfortable sleepwear. And Chuuya got Arsene comfortable before he laid him in the moses basket beside him. Chuuya immediately dozed off and he was asleep for about 20 minutes until he heard a loud crash. Chuuya gasped and he leaned up.

"Dazai?" Chuuya called out. "Dazai did you drop something?"

Chuuya could hear shuffling and footsteps. Chuuya picked up Arsene and he cradled him close to his chest. Arsene started to whine. "Shush... shush... Dazai...?"

The door swung open and Chuuya's eyes widened in fear.

"Hi Chuuya." Shirase said angrily.

Chuuya looked at the bathroom door and the 2nd door leading to the hallway. Shirase saw him looking and he ran to the bed and grabbed Chuuya's ankle. Chuuya let go of the baby and Arsene cried as he was left on the bed and Chuuya thudded to the floor.

"You thought you could leave me?" Shirase kicked Chuuya in the stomach. "Who do you think you are to leave me?!?" Shirase said, stomping on Chuuya. Chuuya grunted. Shirase snatched Chuuya up by his hair.

"And then you went and had a baby on me?!" Shirase slapped him and Chuuya landed by the bed. Shirase went to go grab him again but he was stunned as Chuuya hit him with the lamp on the bedside table. Chuuya picked up Arsene and he whimpered as he tried to run down the hall.

"HELP...!" Chuuya hit the wall. The walls thank god were paper thin. He knew the neighbors would hear. "PLEASE HELP ME...!"

"YOU STUPID BITCH! I WILL KILL YOU!" Shirase yelled.

Chuuya heard Shirase charging behind him and Chuuya pushed himself to run into the nursery. Chuuya was closing the door and Shirase stopped it with his body.

"Stop,,,! Go away...!" Shirase got annoyed and he stuck his hand in the door to grab Chuuya, and Chuuya slammed his fingers in the door and closed it shut when he pulled away and locked it. Chuuya was doubled over in pain and he put Arsene in the crib. Chuuya heard Shirase kicking the door and Chuuya was looking around for something he could use.

*

Dazai smiled as he looked down at the engagement ring and he was walking back to the car when a cop next to him got signaled.

"Yeah? Go ahead."

Dazai's eyes widened as he heard his address being said.

A neighbor said that they were screaming for help and banging on the wall. They've been hearing a lot of thudding and tussling."

Dazai panicked. "That's my place!" Dazai yelled. "What is going on?!"

"Okay sir, just calm down-"

"Don't tell me to calm down!! My boyfriend and newborn are at home!"

"Okay! Follow me to your place!" The cop hops in the car and he turns on his sirens and he speeds off and Dazai is right behind him.

*

Shirase broke into the room and he smacked Chuuya's head into the wall, and he climbed on top of Chuuya when he fell.

"No...! No...!" Chuuya tried to fight him off.

"I loved you! I gave you everything! And you just leave me?!?" Shirase punches him. "You are a selfish bitch! You didn't think about my feelings at all!" Shirase said as he smacks Chuuya hard again over and over. Everything started getting fuzzy, Chuuya could feel himself blacking out. "Oh no wake up princess." Shirase smacks his face. "I'm going to kill you first. And then... that baby I'm going to kill him too. If I can't have you. No one will have you..."

Shirase started choking Chuuya and Chuuya gasped for air as Shirase was choking him. Chuuya hit his face and he was scratching him as he tried to break free. Chuuya looked beside him and he saw the wood from the broken door within reach. Chuuya stretched as much as he could and his fingertips brushed the piece of broken wood. Chuuya grabbed it and he stuck it into Shirase's shoulder. Shirase screamed in pain and Chuuya gasped for air as he fell off him. Chuuya grabbed the clock off the nightstand and he got on top of Shirase and he hit him with it. Chuuya couldn't stop. "You will never-" Another hit. "Ever ever hit me again!!!" Chuuya said, hitting Shirase again and again until the clock broke.

"YOKOHAMA POLICE DEPARTMENT!"

Chuuya stumbled as he got up and he grabbed Arsene. Chuuya whimpered as he knew he pulled his stitches. He was bleeding so much.

"Chuuya!!" Dazai yelled. Dazai saw Chuuya in the hallway. "Oh god Chuuya!"

The policeman's eyes widened and he called for an ambulance and other units for help.

Chuuya couldn't stand any longer and he passed out. Dazai caught him and he held him in his arms. Dazai held Chuuya and the baby until the ambulance came.

"We're in here!! Help!" Dazai yelled. "Please help him!"

Dazai took Arsene and the paramedics started working on Chuuya, and getting him ready to go on a stretcher.

"Dazai we are gonna get your son and boyfriend to a hospital. Do you have a place to stay for a while? They're going to mark your apartment as an official crime scene."

"Y-Yes..."

"Okay... They're taking him right now and going to the hospital. If you need anything give a list to the police escort and she'll get it for you."

Dazai nodded and he followed the ambulance to the hospital.

To Be Continued...