Kindness

Chuuya had lied. He said he was going to stay home but he couldn't. Sitting in that house where nothing but bad memories existed he didn't want that. He didn't want to think of the pain. So he got up, fixed himself up to look presentable to others in public, got dressed and went to a local cafe of his. Chuuya was sitting at a table drinking coffee, and he was looking out the cafe window. He was watching as people walked by. Other couples smiling and laughing, mothers with their children, friends. Why couldn't he have that?

Chuuya was startled as a plate of strawberry cake was sat in front of him.

"There you go again. A look of longing on your face."

"D-Dazai… I… I'm so sorry about how my fiance treated you…"

"Don't apologize for it; it isn't your fault. If anyone should be apologizing he should."

"But still… I'm sorry… that wasn't right of him to do that and it was very rude."

"Don't worry about it. Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah… I'm fine. T-Thank you for the cake… you work here?"

Dazai nods. "I do. Been here a few months. Something that helps pay for college until I graduate from law enforcement."

Chuuya smiles. "I think that's a fitting job for you. You seem helpful and caring."

"I've always wanted to be a detective. My parents think it's a hopeless dream. But I think otherwise. What about you Chuuya? What do you do?"

What does he do…? Chuuya had stopped doing a lot once he met Shirase. He told him his dreams were foolish and a waste of time. That his art was never good enough to ever make a living out of it. That it was worthless.

"Chuuya?"

"...S-Sorry. I got a bit distracted. I had wanted to be an artist. But I gave that up long ago…"

"What? Why?"

"My fiance told me it was foolish. That becoming an artist is hard and no one would take a second glance at my work…"

"So what if it's hard?" Dazai stated and Chuuya's eyes widened. "That's the fun of it. The challenge of it. Look some people he's right, they may not take a second glance. But there is always that one person out of the few who does. And I am sure your artwork is amazing! Don't let him make you feel like you at least shouldn't try. You should go for it Chuuya. What's to lose? At least you can say I did it."

Chuuya smiled. Those were the most genuine words he had heard in a while. "You're right… I should-"

Chuuya slumped forward a bit and his heart was racing and he was getting sweaty. Chuuya's eyes widened. Why was his heat so early?! Chuuya went to stand up to leave but he fell forward panting heavily. All the other alpha's in the room were catching Chuuya's scent strongly. Chuuya with the strength he could gather walked out of the coffee shop. He was leaning on the side of the building. He wasn't going to make it back home. The pain and the feelings were getting more intense. Chuuya whimpered. Chuuya felt a strong hand around his arm and he felt someone pull him into their arms. Chuuya was panting heavily and they both slid down to the ground outside. Chuuya was panting heavily into Dazai's chest and he was catching a fever.

The scent was strong, and being so close to his scent gland Dazai was losing his thought process more and more, and his alpha instincts were taking over. Dazai held Chuuya tightly and he opened his mouth, but instead of biting Chuuya; Dazai bit his arm hard to keep himself grounded. Dazai was able to fish out his phone while keeping a hold of Chuuya and he sent Oda a quick text. Dazai continued to bite his arm harder every time he felt the urge to let his instincts take over. Other people tried to approach and Dazai growled protectively. He didn't know how much longer he could last… he needed Oda to hurry.

To Be Continued...