Chapter 13- Search for Us (Part 2)

Previous Chapter

Once she was safe inside the castle, Rayna blew out the candles that were in the main room, and in the kitchen. She lit the fireplace downstairs and went up to her room. She lit her fireplace, got ready for bed, and then sat at her desk and began writing once more. Smiling the whole time writing to her dear friend about how she saw him try to figure it all out.

She hoped with all her heart that one day he would get to read this journal and learn about all she had done over the years.

One day.

Part 2

Theo threw his helmet against the wall as he entered his room. It clanged against the cobblestones along the wall and floor settling next to the chair by the window. He was frustrated.

He had come this close to finding out what the Tutor's were hiding from him only to be stopped by King Silas. This wasn't the first time King Silas had stopped him from finding out the truth and it surely would not be the last if Theo had any say in the matter.

It's not that he wanted to go behind their backs and find out what they were up to or what they were hiding, but no one was going to outright tell him, and he was losing time. Each day that passed he was closer to having to marry Princess Ivy. And that was the last thing that he wanted to do.

The day that it was announced that he would be marrying her, he was outraged. Especially since it was the first time he was hearing out it. His father didn't inform him of it, nothing. He heard with the rest of Terra about his soon to be bride.

What Theo found confusing was the fact that he had never heard of Mendacium. When he asked Ivy exactly where that was, she just stared at him blankly and then giggled walking off.

Theo tried talking to his father, but as can be imagined, nothing came of it. His father just told him he has duties as a prince and he needs to follow them. Of course, his father didn't actually say that to him. His advisor did, Serpo, but his father had been in the room at the time of the words being spoken. It has been years since Theo actually spoke with his father alone. Even before then he doesn't remember many conversations between the two. When he was younger all he remembers is his mother and then the Imperium's. His father was never really there.

When he spoke with Kalevi on the matter, he looked grim. Kalevi was just as upset about the situation as he was, but he did say as much in words. All Kalevi said to him was that time would tell what the best course of action is.

He was not much help.

Talking to Cyrus was impossible all the same. Whenever it came to discussing Theo's future, Cyrus was as cryptic as ever. All he said was if he wanted answers, he would have to find them, but be prepared to fight along the way.

So he did just that.

He began escaping from the castle any chance he got. Mostly when Princess Ivy was looking for him.

Theo had tried to get to know her. To accept his fate, to follow this new course in front of him, to let go of Rayna. But it was near impossible, and her personality did not help. Everything about the princess irritated him to no end.

He could not deny that in all, she was a very beautiful woman. Long, feather blonde hair, almost white in appearance. Crystal clear blue eyes, almost almond-shaped. She has fair light skin. She a little on the shorter side, just coming in on his shoulder. She appeared very dainty and gentle.

Ivy's personality though was anything but beautiful. For what she had in her appearance she lacked in everything else. As if to say " Since I am beautiful I do not need to try." Those words had actually been spoken by her at one point, not directly to him but he heard her speaking to one of the tutors about being nicer to commoners.