Innocent Death | 10

I hesitated outside Gary's house, my knees knocking together from the icy chill as I tried to decide whether or not I should tell him about the real reason behind my impromptu trip back home. The sin eating files felt like hot coals where they were tucked in the back of my tight jeans, while my nursing forms felt wrong as they leant tightly against my chest.

I raised my hand to knock but missed miserably as the door was swung open, my fist hovering uselessly out before me, "Oh, I was just, um—"

I didn't have time to finish my sentence as Gary pulled me into a bone crushing hug, his fingers curling against my scalp and my hair falling lightly through his spread fingers. I felt my body relax against his, his warm breath hitting the top of my head. The second his muscular arms had enclosed me I realised how much I had missed him and the safe feeling that radiated off me.

"Audrey," He whispered deeply, "You said two days, you were away for three and you never answered my calls— I was worried sick." I laughed lightly against his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck, smothering his protests with my lips.

"I missed you too."

He chuckled and kicked the door shut behind me while pushing me gently against the wall, his body caging me in. I was literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. "Good." His lips lightly trailed over my neck and across my collar bone, sending shivers lightly over my pale skin, "You're never leaving me again, ever."

I moaned an unintelligible jumble of words as his mouth wreaked havoc over my sensitive skin, his mouth creating light bruises over my neck and chest. My legs shook as he took a step back and looked down at me with a smirk, "That's your punishment, you can't just have sex with me and then never answer my calls."

I growled and threw myself at him, my leg wrapping around his waist and pulling his chest against mine, "You're such a tease." My warm breath fanned against the shell of his ear and I enjoyed the feeling of his fingers pinching my thighs in frustration. "Payback's a bitch, baby."

He moaned out loud and leaned his head against the wall while I rested my head against his shoulders, my legs still wrapped around his waist and his hands still clenching my legs tightly, "I'm so glad I met you Audrey, you're the woman who saved me. You're my saviour."

I sighed and just basked in the warmth that was radiating through my chest.

"Did you get your nursing forms?"

"What?" I muttered while stroking my fingers through his hair, "What forms?" He pulled away and looked down at me with bright eyes alight with frustration and I immediately realised my mistake.

He lightly placed me on the ground and watched me with a light glare, his eyes crinkled lightly at the sides. I could tell he was more scared then angry at me for going behind his back, he was worried about what might happen to me.

"I can't help you if you won't let me!" My eyes began to well up and I roughly rubbed the evidence of my pain away, pushing away the flow of emotions. "I'm my own person and you can't control my actions, I'm doing this to save other people as much as save you, sin eating is what I was meant to do!"

Gary's shoulders were hunched as he watched me yell curses at him and the world, "Nothing is worth you being dead—nothing."

I slammed my hand against the wall behind me and pushed out of Gary's arms, walking towards the cupboard filled with silver, "Have you been taking the silver pills I left you?"

He nodded, his hands still clenched into fists. I pulled a spray bottle from the cupboard and aimed it at his fists, pressing down on the button and spraying his body with it. "You see this? Your skin blistering in agony? This isn't normal or acceptable, you should be living a happy pain free life where you don't kill people without meaning to!"