a rescue mission

Y/n's pov:

As everyone was helping Bridget for her I approached branch myself and said casually even though my heart was beating like crazy "hey branch, what's up?"

He turned to me and said with a small smile "nothing much, just waiting for the others to finish helping Bridget with her outfit."

"Yeah it's taking a while. Anyways, I have to tell you something really important-" I was cut off by branch just as I was starting to reach up to my hair 

"Aren't you supposed to be helping them as well?"

"I guess but they seem to be fine."

"[Y/n] you should go and help your sister, she needs help."

I looked back at poppy and she was doing fine on her own and I turned back to branch and asked confused

"Why? Poppy seems fine on her own and she has her friends with her."

"poppy would like that you're Lending a hand."

"Oh come on branch, she's fine and we both know it. And you know I don't like sparkly things Now can you just listen to me?"

"What do you not like poppy?"

"What? No. Branch I know I haven't talked with you for awhile but seriously what makes you think that?"

"You just seem to be distancing yourself from her."

"No I haven't. I'm out in the forest and She barely even speaks to me!"

"Oh come on this is poppy were talking about! She pays attention to everyone!"

I was getting frustrated with what he was saying and said annoyed "well maybe you don't know everything about her."

"Okay [y/n] you know want? You're not even listening to me! You can't even help your sister!"

"I told you shes fine! And you're not listening to me either! Your just assuming things!"

"I'm assuming things?! Why is it so hard to help your sister?! You should be helping her! You're being a bad sister!"

When he said that something in me snapped and I gave him a furious look as he looked slightly scared since I look scary when I'm mad and I said angrily to him as I was in his face

"Ok you know what!? Nevermind! I'm sorry! I'll just leave if your so bothered with me then!"

I turned around left and I was angry and I didn't see the look of guilt on his face.

He starts assuming things just because I won't help her? She had her friends to help her and I've protected her as best as i could! And he changed the freaking subject! I was seething with anger and I eventually calmed down since being angry would help nothing but he just wouldn't give me a chance to talk. 

And I was starting to think...