29🕺🏽

Jalen Green

Today is the start of basketball season. I'm feeling excited, but at the same time nervous. It's a lot of people depending on me to do my best and that's what I gotta do.

I was currently in school doing my homework in study hall. Until someone interrupts me.

"Hey Jalen!" I hear a familiar voice say.

I look up to see Madison in her cheerleading uniform.

I just roll my eyes and continue my work.

"I know it's the beginning of basketball season and I just wanted you to know I'm cheering for you." She says seductively.

"You have to cheer me on regardless...you're a cheerleader." I say laughing to myself.

"Jalen." She says interrupting my laugh.

I just look at her in a confused way.

She grabs the seat beside me and sits down.

"Look I don't know what you're up to, but I'm not available." I say quickly.

"I know, I know. It's just I really need to talk to you about something that only you would understand." She says.

I look at her and she looks serious.

Besides the fact that Madison cheated on me. We've been there for each other for the longest. During our relationship, Madison always had problems with her family and I helped her. I had problems with stress and many other things.

"Wassup." I say putting down my pencil.

"Well.. my brother that has cancer is in chemo therapy. They told us he is cancer free." She said.

"That great... right?" I ask.

She sighs.

"When we went back the doctor told that the therapy didn't work like they thought... and that he would only have 3 weeks to live." She said softly.

I just rubbed my face and sighed.

"Damn." I said.

I've met Madison family and I know her little brother. And for her to tell me this kinda hurt.

I looked over to see Madison sniffling.

I didn't want to be awkward and not comfort her. Because she needs comforting.

"Come here." I say with open arms.

She accepts my hug and sobs in my arms.

"Hey if anything he won't be fighting anymore. He won't be in pain... he can just rest." I say to her.

She pulls out of the hug and smiles wiping her tears.

"I guess you're right." She says.