26🕺🏽

Makenna Bluitt

I wake up to my alarm going off.

It was finally time for me to go back to school.

I knew I couldn't put it off forever without knowing only a few people knew what happened. My mom and dad probably would've never cared. They are always so busy. I bet they didn't even realize I was off or skipping school.

But today I felt like I had the courage to go.

I put some clothes on that would make me feel comfortable through the day.

I go downstairs to see my parents on the Macbooks as usual.

I hear a honk to know that Jalen pulled up.

I walk outside and hop in Jalen's car smiling.

"Hello!" I say smiling at him.

"Well you're in a good mood today." He says chuckling.

Finally, we go to school.

•••

I didn't feel the nerves until we pulled onto school campus. All these people that could possibly be from the party.

Am I ready for this?

"Makenna, are you sure this is what you want? We can go to my house and cuddle." Jalen suggests.

I sigh. "No, I'm ready."

•••

When we walked into the school I could feel eyes on us.

Did they know?

Did Cameron tell people?

"Hey, don't worry about them.. I got you mamas." He said kissing my forehead.

Jalen somehow knew how to make me relax. His touch, his voice, his smell is my cure.

I nod knowing Jalen's got my back.

•••

I go to my science class and everyone was literally excited to see me.

"Why'd you leave us like that?" Elijah says hugging me.

"Yeah, we had to do all the work!" Tyler says joining the hug.

I look out of the hug and see Dejuane is just standing there watching us.

"Come on, Dejuane! You know you missed me." I said holding a arm out for him to join.

He rolled his eyes and finally gave in.

•••

I went to lunch to see everyone already at the table.

"Hey guys!" I say to them.

"Wassup." They all say.

I sit by Jalen and notice he's not even paying attention... he's looking somewhere else.

"How's your first day back?" Josh ask.

"It's going better than I thought." I say.

"Did you see ya know?" Dior asks.

"Well obviously, yeah. It's crazy how he just walks around like he's never done anything." I say playing with my food.

"Has he talk to you? Touched you? Bothered you in anyway?" Jalen asks.

"No. No. I just saw him in class that's all." I say surrendering.

Jalen just nods and the table suddenly goes quiet.