19🕺🏽

Makenna Bluitt

I was doing my homework until I got a text from Jalen.

My Hero💚🕺🏽

My Hero💚🕺🏽
Hey.. are you busy?

Ken Ken🦋💞
No not really. Just doing my hw. R u okay?

My Hero💚🕺🏽
Can I see you? I wanna talk in person.

Ken Ken🦋💞
Yeah, of course... my front door is unlocked.
Read 11:24am

I was nervous. Me and Jalen haven't talked in a minute at school. It was all just small talk and not much.

And with Madison saying stuff about Jalen I knew something was going on.

I hear a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in." I say at my desk.

The door opens but I look.

I turn and see Jalen. I saw he looked sad, depressed. He looked like he needed a friend.

"Jalen, sit down." I say moving to my bed patting it.

I try to look at him, but he avoids eye contact.

"Are you okay?" I say grabbing his hand.

He makes eye contact with me. I could see the guilt in his eyes.

"Makenna, you're probably gonna hate me after this." He says simply.

He sighs.

"Look I kissed Madison. It was like a week ago. It was before I knew I actually liked you. Before we kissed. I got jealous. I saw you in class with Dejuane and you guys talking about y'all were gonna hang out... I lost it. I just thought you would deserve someone WAY better than him. I thought I could be that guy would be me.. but now I know i'm not worthy. I just want to say i'm sorry. I can't be that guy. I wanna be for you but I just can't." He explains.

"Jalen, listen." I say grabbing his cheeks.

"You can be that guy. I know you can because you are that guy. You're the one I like. I don't want anyone else but you." I say softly.

"You shouldn't." He says.

"But I do. Everyone makes mistakes Jalen. You shouldn't beat yourself up about this. Yeah, you did something that was horrible and that I should be screaming at you for this. But I know this isn't who you are." I say.

He nods.

"So you'll give me a second chance?"

"Yes, but you have to prove yourself to me. And i'm still gonna act like i am mad at you." I say as he laughs.

"Fair enough."

"But Makenna I just want you to know it's you who I want to be with. It was always you I was just being stupid." He says.

"Well you have to prove it big guy!"

"Now get out of my house." I say pushing him away.

A/n: Sorry this chapter was lame. I kinda regret having Jalen kiss Madison, but we just gone flow with it.