Chapter 15 - The Speech

"NO!!!" You screamed at the screen and Hiro winced then covered his ears. You checked the time and it was almost time for Fred to pick you up while you and Hiro played Five Nights At Freddy's but you were so stressed about getting to that place on time that you kept dying every other breath and you were only on night two which was even harder because you were up against all of the animatronics....new and old. Your phone buzzed with a new text, probably from Fred. Yup.

Fred: We'll be there in 5 mins. Hurry up!

"What's wrong? You seem tense." Hiro asked and you got up and put on your black hoodie again.

"Well, I have to do this thing with Fred." You state and put on your shoes as Hiro stares at you, still confused.

"What thing?" He asks and you shake your head as an idea comes to mind.

"Fred and I are going comic book hunting."

"You like comics?"

"Pshh, yeah, some.... Oliver! Come on!" You answer and have a bit of an eye roll with that sentence.

"Why are you going and taking Oliver? Are you going to finish night two with me? Or just going to leave and-" Hiro started but was stopped by you groaning in frustration.

"Can we stop playing twenty questions for once?!" You growl angrily. You grab you backpack and slam the door behind you and slid down the wooden stair handle rail then ran to the cafe door where a sleek, black limo was waiting. You walk to it and Heath Cliff opens the door for you, after you pat the seat and Oliver jumped in Heath went back to the driver's seat.

"Sorry it took so long, Hiro was giving me a hard time." You say and Fred pets Oliver's head. "Nah, it's cool." He replied and you rest your head on your knees that you tucked in your hoodie as Fred started talking about monster movies....again.

"Do they ever shut up on your planet?!" You snap, Fred looked at you surprised and a little scared while Oliver's ears we darted back and his tail was tucked between his legs. You sigh and mutter 'sorry' under your breath and look out the rolled up window, laying your forehead against the cool glass.

"Is something wrong?" Fred asked and you just shrug.

"I dunno. I guess I just....never mind, never mind." Fred didn't buy it.

"Dreamer, we've been best friends for three years, I know something is bothering you." He said sternly and you shrug again.

"I miss him. Before everything happened with Jake and Claire, he was always happy and was always at home, he actually cared. Then it happened and he changed and I just, for some crazy reason, expected him to be at the cafe when I got home....but he wasn't. And I guess that I sorta, kind of, miss him." You say referring to you now dead dad and Oliver puts his head on your lap while Fred nods understandingly.

"We have arrived." Heath Cliff said and the limo stopped. You jump out of the limo and stretch, then Oliver did a little yawn. Fred came to your side as you walked on the concrete sidewalk to a brick building. Where are you going? To the San Fransokyo Animal Shelter's Adoption Day. Last year they gave two thousand one hundred forty three animals to great, loving families with donations of twenty thousand dollars and you and Fred attend as special guests since Fred has wealthy parents and he knew how you got Oliver. So you both attend every year and you two are the only ones that know about Fred's parents and double life of secret charity work.

Once you were at the door, you were automatically greeted by a staff member you knew named Mary Ann, she was tall, had curly brown hair and warm brown eyes. Mary Ann was actually wearing the animal care taker uniform at the moment.

"Hey guys! I'm so glad you could make it! It wouldn't have been the same without you here! Come on, your speech is in three minutes!" She rushed and pulled you to the back of the stage for you both to prepare for it and Oliver trailed a foot behind you.

"So, you two know the usual, Fred, just give the speech and tell (Y/N) to come on then she tells how she got Oliver, Fred rambles for a while-"

"Hey!" Fred interrupted and you say "It's true." and Mary Ann continues, 

"And thank everyone and then your home free." She said and dodged a few workers while she talked. You sat in a chair backstage while Fred goes on and talks to the crowd as you wait for your turn to go, it dragged on for a half hour until Fred called you. Oliver was shy at first but when he saw you not being afraid he seemed to be a little more confident, which you were happy about.

"This is one of my very best friends (Y/N) (L/N) and her furry friend and loyal companion Oliver. She would like to tell you his story." Fred told everyone as you walked on stage and was greeted by bright lights and took a moment for your eyes to adjust.

"Hello everyone, I am (Y/N) and Oliver has a past that is quiet common for most animals taken to a kill shelter but not many are as lucky. Oliver was just a newborn when he came here as did his siblings, his mother was a known stray in the area. His siblings and mother were adopted when the puppies were ready to but there was one odd ball puppy nobody wanted just because he was the runt, just something he was born with. My little Oliver."

"After a while, about two months later, he was put on death row. I was there just in time before his time was up. I didn't care about the fact he was the runt of the litter but I did care about the fact he was judjed for something he coulldn't help or control. But the thing I judge people with, that people were willing to overlook a puppy because of his size and to be euthanized since he was the runt of his litter even though that he has more love in his heart than any other dog in this entire world."

You wiped away a tear that slipped from your eye, Oliver was judged like you were when a few people back in elementary school found out you had photogenic memory. You gave him a what no one was willing to give him or you...a second chance.

"I gave Oliver a way to live his life and I saved him from the hands of death. And you can too. These animals are stronger and smarter than what we give them credit for, and they know when they are shunned away from a loving family. Don't be that person and save them. Thank you." You say and walk off stage and Mary Ann hands you a tissue and you wipe your eyes as Oliver nudges your leg with a whimper. You smile sadly and pet his head, maybe you wern't given a second chance in the past but you were given one now with the Hamada family...and you couldn't be happier. Now you had to wait an hour fr Fred to wrap things up........crap, boredom falls over you again.

Author's Note: I am SO sorry about the long wait, the holidays are a busy time. And Luke did not delete the chapter draft this time, BUT he was a MASSIVE COMPUTER HOG. Okay, twin rant over, how did you like this chapter? Do you like The Dork & The Daydreamer so far? Please comment and vote to let me know if you like it! If you want updates for when I post new chapters just click the follow button on my page. I also made a ask and dare book starring Big Hero 6 characters, Derpy0Hero and myself...another person is involved to ask and dare but you have to read it to find out, questions and dares are very appreciated! Also, there is a new book called '5 Nights at Freddy's 2: Grand...Opening?' that has my character Laney in it. There is the first one so I recommend reading the first one '5 Nights At Freddy's: Sneaking Inside'  before you read the sequel so it all makes sense. There might even be a few familiar user names in there for you guys! Anyway, check those out and I will see you in the next chapter! Later muffins!