Chapter 2 - The Lab

"Hey guys!" You shout, "Hey (Y/N)!" They all say at the same time. "Tadashi here yet?" You ask as Oliver jumps on Wasabi. Wasabi shrieked like a girl and pushed Oliver off but was careful not to hurt him and started spraying no, covering himself in a disinfectant. You roll your eyes,

"Nah, not yet. He has some special surprise." Gogo replied. Fred hopped over to you in his mascot costume.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme!" He rushes. Laughing you say "Chill dude! Here!" You hand him the comic from your bag and carelessly sling the bag across the room. "Thank yoooou!" Fred shouted and went to his chair to read it.

"Hey!" Wasabi yelled. "(Y/N)! We talked about this countless times!" He say tossing your bag back to you which you caught, he was referring to you about how no personal possessions other than his own go across his 'working space' that was outlined with tape.

"Fifty two times actually." You strike back, tilting you head to the side and putting your bag on a metal chair. He rolled his eyes and continued whatever it was he was doing before you arrived. Honey squealed and hugged you tight...too tight. "Can't....breath..." You say gasping for breath.

"Sorry!" She says letting go quickly as you allow oxygen back in your lungs "Suffocated again I see." Gogo observed. "Yup." You say laying on the old purple couch before she zoomed off on her motorcycle to gosh knows where. You pick up the notebook you were drawing in earlier then Oliver jumped on the couch and sat down next to you, curling up in a fluffy ball. You continue doodling for about ten minutes until you hear the heavy metal door slam.

"This is the lab." Tadashi's voice was heard. Oliver raised his head and growled, he only did that around strangers. You raised an eye brow and look up to see Tadashi with a boy, probably your age with black hair and brown eyes.

He was wearing a blue hoodie, with a red shirt under the jacket with what seemed to have a picture of Iron man on it, tan looking pants a little above his ankles and brown shoes with bright yellow laces. Tadashi took the boy to Gogo, Wasabi, and Honey Lemon and then took the mystery guy to you. Oliver growled louder and darted his ears back, since the guy was near you.

"Shush Ollie." You tell Oliver without looking up from your notebook, which was kind of rude to not acknowledge them but that's just how you roll. You sit up straight and look up with your (E/C) eyes half closed, showing little to no interest in the boy in front of you. You just look at Tadashi, "What do you want Tadashi? As you can see I have a very busy schedule involving goofing off the entire day." Tadashi simply chuckled,

"Well, I won't interrupt to long I just want you to spare your precious time for five minutes." He said looking at you with hope gleaming in his brown eyes.

"Proceed." You say waiting for an explanation why this kid was blocking your light and was casting a large shadow over you doodle-filled page. "(Y/N), this is Hiro my little brother. Hiro this is (Y/N) (L/N). She's fourteen like you, but she is also completely different than anyone else you will meet in a lifetime." Tadashi says pushing Hiro forward closer to you. You laughed really loud,

"That's ha-ha so funny! Seriously who is this? There's no way this guy is related to you!" Hiro looked slightly offended by your response and looked at Tadashi waiting for him to say something to you. Tadashi sighed as if he was exhausted by carrying on this conversation with you "Not kidding, (Y/N)." He said, your eyes widened and you eye brows raised then you were completely confused.

"How is this related to you!? I mean come on! We have big, muscular genius and then we have scrawny shrimp boy! Are you pullin' a fast one on me?" You yell rudely, getting up from your seat. "Can you be nice just this once?" He asked. You sighed letting your top eyelids fall half closed again, you really didn't want to be nice. It wasn't really your kind of thing but Tadashi was a close friend so...

"I'm (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N) but someone, not sayin' who, calls me by the nick name 'Daydreamer' or 'Dreamer', in reference to the fact I daydream every second of the day. And I am not normally nice so if you plan on coming here often then you will not run into a kind person unless I don't end up hating your guts." You say acting cheerful for the first sentence and mean the last, Tadashi looked at you with a face that said 'more effort please' then you sighed again.

"But there is a possibility I won't." You add. Tadashi gave you a thumbs up and a grin before scooting Hiro closer to you again.

"What do you major in?" He asked, you smiled "They may not be related to science or technology but I help  Wasabi, Gogo or Honey need a design for an invention, which is most of the time. But I major in marital arts. And the regular arts." You answer, he laughs a little at your joke. Tadashi handed Hiro your drawing notebook for him to look through.

"Check it out. JEFF GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE! COFFEE BREAK'S OVER!" You scream then tie your (H/L) hair in a pony tail. Jeff, your living martial arts dummy walked over to you slumping his shoulders. "Please don't hurt me too bad." he said raising his hands up. "Yeah okay...no promises." You say before getting into your fighting position.

"Fight!" Tadashi yelled. You quickly punched Jeff in the face, kicked him in his stomach and twisted his arm behind his back and kicked his back where his spine is and finally grabbed his wrist, pulled him above your head and threw him across the room. You put your hands on your hips and turned to see a smug looking Tadashi and a shocked Hiro. You laughed and popped your knuckles at the same time "All in a thirty seconds work." you say taking your ponytail out and releasing your hair to fall freely.

"H-how are you so good at that?!" Hiro asked stuttering, you laugh pointing at Tadashi. "Taught me everything I know." you say as Tadashi bowed. Tadashi smiled "The harder you train," He started "The shorter the fight." You finish. Hiro looked at you emotionless for a second then excited "That was so awesome! You seriously kicked his butt!" he yelled, jumping up with happiness. "Speaking of that, Honey Lemon can you call the nurse?" You ask, "Sure!" Honey hollered. You look back at Hiro who starred at you as if he was trying to figure something out,

"What?" Hiro, exiting his daze "I just don't see how you and Tadashi know each other." He answered "Well, that's a long story. Short version, I was friends with Fred and Honey, then Honey introduced me to Wasabi and Gogo then Gogo introduced me to Tadashi. And all this happened three years ago." You say. Hiro was now, yet again shocked.

"You started college at how old?" He asked. "Well I started here when I was eleven and I am now fourteen so three years now." You tell him. "Wow." Hiro breathed out the word softly. "Oh, right I need to introduce you to one more person." Tadashi says to Hiro, "Who?" He asked. "Fred." Tadashi said simply. "Who's Fred?" He asked. 'This is going to be interesting...' You thought to yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Chapter 2! The next chapter will be interesting, looks like Hiro's in for a surprise. Hehehe....anyway, did you like Chapter 2? Do you like The Dork & The Daydreamer so far? Please comment and vote to let me know you all like it! If you want updates when I post just hit the follow button on my page and I'll do my very best to post everyday no matter if I gain readers or not. But, I still hope you like it! See you in the next chapter! Later muffins!