Chapter 35 - The Police Officer & The Drunk Balloon

Police are just not your thing.

It took this visit to the local police department to recall that. 

When you, Hiro and Baymax arrived at the station, it was clear, despite being law enforcement, that this man was in no hurry to help either of you. If anything, he looked more prepared to send you to a mental institution rather than reporting what you assumed to be an attempted murder and stolen possessions.

"All right, let me get this straight. A man in a kabuki mask attacked you, with an army of miniature flying robots." The officer said in disbelief.
"Microbots!" Hiro replied, shaking the glass container of the last Microbot either of you had.

The man slowly typed, "Microbots."

You nodded and added in, "Just to clarify, they're not flying robots. They're controlled by a neurocranial transmitter, telepathically." Even though they weren't technically your technology, you were still very picky on people dumbing down the invention, as you had worked on it alongside Hiro for so long.

If it was even possible, the officer looked even more bored and unwilling to help file the report. "So, Mr. Kabuki was using ESP to attack you both and," he paused and eyed Baymax next to Hiro, "balloon man."

Baymax pulled a piece of tape off the tape dispenser, inflated his arm until three small holes popped, placing a piece of tape onto each one as you all watched in silence. Baymax did the same thing again, and you returned to your conversation.

The officer slid the tape dispenser to Baymax a bit closer. "Did you file a report when your flying robots were stolen?"

Hiro ran his hands through his hair and you groaned, you already knew there was probably nothing to be done about this at all. This whole thing was a huge waste of time.

"No, I thought they were all destroyed!" Hiro said.

You leaned forward over the desk, "Listen officer-"

"Sergeant."

You made a small nod and glanced at his name tag. "Sergeant Gerson, I know this all sounds a little bit insane, but it's really the truth."

Hiro butt in and you made a irritated face as you were hoping to solve this issue without making a scene, "Baymax was there too!" Hiro turned to face Baymax, "Tell him!"

You sighed, now ignoring the three males and looking over Gerson's shoulder at the cork board with various posters and fliers hanging up.

Some guy named Hans was wanted for attempted murder too. You smiled to yourself, maybe he's the Kabuki guy.

But then something caught your eye.

A title on a file laying on a desk under the cork board.

SFIT Fire.

The file was fairly thick, about half an inch worth of papers.
How did people get that much information on an accidental fire?
Your (E/C) eyes widened and your mouth dropped open slightly, catching one more glimpse at it before turning your head to the spot where Hiro and Baymax once stood.

"Write your name and number down on this piece of paper, and we can- oh!"

You both watched the tape dispenser be pulled off the desk and hit the crack of the entry doors.
He turned to you, "Where'd they go?"

Suddenly anxious about that file, you gave a quick salute to Gerson and ran out the doors after them.

Once you walked out, you saw Baymax hiccuping and stuttering, sitting in front of the steps while Hiro stood in front of him."Baymax are you drunk?" You asked as you walked down the steps. Hiro ran his hands through his hair again, no wonder it's so messy all the time.

"(Y/N), what do we do now?! The police won't help us, Baymax's battery is low, someone is mass producing my Microbots and tried to kill us! How the heck does all this fit in one day?!"

"Hiro."

"I'm actually asking! How?!"

"Hiro."

"This is too much, even for me!"

"HIRO SHUT UP."

He stopped talking, crossed his arms and grumbled, "Don't tell me to shut up..." You rolled your eyes and grabbed onto Baymax's legs. "Get his arms."

"What are you doing?" Hiro stood over Baymax's arms, looking at you questioningly.

"Getting this intoxicated marshmallow to his charging station. Now get his arms, we're his designated walkers." Hiro smirked at you, "What's the magic wooord?"

"I'll castrate you with a shovel."

Hiro's eyes widened and he held onto Baymax's arms, both of you lifting him up off the ground. "That wasn't a word though."

You smiled, "But neuter is."

While you both carried Baymax back to the cafe, Hiro was silent the entire walk home. You were silent as well, you kept wondering why they had so much information on an unfortunate freak accident. Unless...you've been right all along. One thing was for sure though, you were going to get that damn file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note: *sTANDS UP* WHOA. THAT- THAT WAS....THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING. I-I-I CAN'T BELIEVE- WHAT THE HELL. BROS, GALS, LOOK. LOOK AT THIS!!! I WROTE A WHOLE CHAPTER WITHIN THIRTY SEVEN MINUTES. WHO'S AWESOME? ME, THAT'S WHO. WHAT ELSE IS AWESOME? AN HOUR OF SHEER BOREDOM WHERE YOU SAY "You know what would be great right now?? Writing another chapter so no one thinks I'm dead..."

Hm well nope, not dead! Even though it probably seems like it...a lot. But no! Also, like the chapter title? I dare one of you guys to make a spin off of TD&TD one shot crack fic whatever with Sargeant  Gerson and Baymax lmao

I've just been super busy with school! I spent my summer vacation still IN school! WILLINGLY!!!! I'M INSANE, I KNOW, but man if insanity is creativity and motivation, gimme all you've got.

But oh my word guys. We have hit 519 followers and 211 THOUSAND reads. We...we gotta celebrate somehow, give me some of your ideas of what in the comments we gotta do this muffins.

And can I just say, THANK YOU!!! SO SO MUCH!!!!! Like literally, you guys are so loyal and sweet and just ssjajfjsnf you guys have stuck by me all this time, even through our THIRTEEN AUTHOR'S NOTES. Thirteen man. I really need to stop making individual ones unless it's absolutely necessary, that's just excessive. I hope this chapter is longer than normal, I'm using a different format on a different device so I have no idea yet.

Anywho, with all the SUPER DAMN LONG hiatus and some kinda updates aside, how do you like this chapter? Do you like The Dork & The Daydreamer so far? Please vote and comment to let me know how you like it! If you want updates for when I post, just click the follow button on my page! Later muffins!