Little Craziness from Author #1

(NOT A CHAPTER, BUT VERY IMPORTANT)

Laney sits on her bed with her phone in hand as she scrolls around on Wattpad, looking for new fanfiction to read. She sighs heavily when she doesn't find any that interest her whatsoever, blowing a thick strand of brown hair off her face.

The ground shakes, she hears a loud rumbling and jumps in surprise when you, the main character of this book, breaks down one of her bedroom walls with Baymax's rocket fist.

"LANEY," You scream and run over to her, shaking her shoulders as you continue freaking out, "YOUR BOOK HIT TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND READS!"

"It what-"

"YOU'RE ALMOST DONE WITH SCHOOL AND HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO, YOU BLOCKHEAD! WRITE A NEW CHAPTER! WE MUST CELEBRATE!"

"OKAY! I WILL IF YOU STOP SHAKING ME! DAMN!"

You release Laney's shoulders with a wide smile as she sends you a small glare. "Were you stalking the story again?" You avert her green gaze and look at the ceiling, "Who me? Nooo."

"Y/N." She says in her parent voice.

"...maybe."

She rolls her eyes as you shove her into her leather computer chair, "Does it really matter? I've been stuck in the same chapter with nothing to do for months. Gimme some credit here, do you know how hard it is to break the fourth wall?!"

Laney huffs and opens up a new word document, cracking her knuckles and resting her finger tips on the cool keyboard and biting her bottom lip in anticipation. "Hey Y/N, I've been thinking, how about I make this story gender neutral?"

You tilt your head, "What do you mean?"

She looks at you from the corner of her eye and turns to face you fully. "Well, I've looked at the story statistics, and I've noticed that girls aren't the only ones who read the story, there's a male percentage too. Not as high as the female, but I'd hate to force a certain gender down someone's throat just because they like the story. So, I was thinking instead of making you just female and going by just the pronouns she and her, I can change the story's previous chapters to the pronouns they and them, that way it's fair for everyone out of all genders."

"Ooooh."

She turns to the computer once more and starts typing, "Do you think it's a good idea, Y/N?"

Laney awaits your response.