Chapter 31 - Burial Blues

They soon held a short memorial ceremony at SFIT for Tadashi and Callaghan. Placing candles and small flowers around their pictures. Hiro had not to come to college even though he had been accepted and you had dropped out of SFIT for good, saying it hurts to much to be in the same place everyday and be reminded of what happened.

Today was the day of Tadashi's funeral.

Tadashi is dead.

Tadashi is dead.

Tadashi is dead.

Those three words continued to dance around in your brain all day, everyday since that dreadful night. You continued to cling to any and all hope Tadashi was still alive, everyone said that you were just choosing to live in denial but you still had an aching feeling in your stomach he was still out there.

You had refused to come to the cemetery as they buried nothing but an empty coffin with some ashes of the building's remains since Tadashi and Callaghan's bodies were never found. All you said to Cass when she urged you to come with her and Hiro to the funeral you had said no and that you were not going to say goodbye to an empty coffin when he's still out there somewhere...living and breathing.

You had also moved out of Hiro and Tadashi's room and into a guest bedroom, it was too painful to see Hiro, especially when every time you looked at him, he reminded you of Tadashi.

Bo and Mia came to the memorial service downstairs and went up to your room, you didn't allow anyone else inside. Bo had her medium length black hair in a messy ponytail, she changed her usual blue square shaped glasses to black. She was wearing a long black dress ending six inches above her ankle and the dress had lace on the collar and lace at the and of the dress and Mia's matched Bo's dress.

"How are you doing?" Bo asked and you sadly shrugged without a vocal response. Honestly, you didn't feel like talking to anyone.

Bo worriedly glanced at Mia with her dark brown eyes and they shared a sad look. Even though you wern't coming downstairs, you still wore black out of respect. It was a black long sleeved shirt and black jeans since dresses arn't really your thing. you smoothed you shirt sleeves and sat down on a little ledge right at the window that had nice cushions that you could lay down on.

"Honey, Fred, Wasabi and Gogo really wanna see ya'." Mia stated and you shrugged again but hearing their names made you cringe on the inside. You knew they were trying to make this depressing time better but it's just not working anymore.

"We know what your going through." Mia continued and then something in you had taken over.

"No. No you guys don't. I have lost my mom, my dad and now someone who's like my brother, I feel like I have to put on a fake smile to please people but when one person goes through so much it's hard to keep acting plastic until the end of time. So you don't know what exactly I'm going through and you most likely never will. Now if you please will show your selves the door, I would like to rot in my own despair in peace." You spat and they both looked frightened and walked out of the bedroom.

They shut the door behind them to be sure you had some privacy.

Ever since Tadashi 'died', your choice of words have become more hurtful, more cruel. But you blame that on how different people grieve in different ways. Oliver was on your bed and he whimpered quietly, he hated seeing you so sad. He tried to lick you, you just pushed him back onto the floor. After a half hour Oliver just gave up and decided to rest for a bit.

You heard a soft knock on the door.

"What?" You growled while sitting down on the ledge again and lay your head against the glass of the window, waiting for a reply.

The answer was faint, barley able to be heard but you could make out the name 'Hiro'.

You felt like you jumped out of your own skin. Why was he here? Gosh, if you turn him away he'll be even more sad than he already is but if you let him in then you'll have to deal with being reminded of Tadashi. "Come in." Your voice says on it's own. What the heck?! You didn't mean to say that! That wasn't even supposed to come out!

The door slowly crept open and two brown eyes peeked out from under raven black locks, this is already getting uncomfortable. "Hey." He said and came inside the room all the way. "Close the door." You ordered and he did as you told him to do. You didn't want to look at him, but that wasn't really an option.

Hiro had walked over to you and sat down directly in your line of sight so there was no way to avoid eye contact. He was wearing a white formal shirt, a tie, dress pants and formal shoes. You still didn't look at him, you couldn't force yourself even if you wanted to. You didn't notice that a warm tear trickled down your cheek from your eye, only when Hiro leaned over and rubbed his thumb on your cheek to wipe it off.

Gosh, everything this guy does, he just has to be a freaking gentleman.

Not one thing in this world could make you feel better...except for him.

Hiro scooted over closer to you and hugged your side, not really knowing what to do next.

Every emotion you had bottled up since you were eight had poured out of you at that exact moment, anger, sadness, guilt, the whole works.

You had practically forced him in a hug, he had tensed up for a second but then hugged you back. Hiro rested his chin on top of your head and held one hand over your shoulder blade and the other hand was rubbing you back in a comforting way. You could feel a few of his own tears going down your back. "I miss him so much." You chocked out between sobs and Hiro nodded,

"I miss him too." Hiro answered.

You both stayed like that for a while, just comforting each other through a difficult time.

Author's Note: I was going to post this chapter tomorrow but I got too excited and plus Luke and I have to go to some place tomorrow and I already check last time we were there, they don't have WiFi so I thought it would be best just to post it now. Oh! And one of mah friends is in this chapter! Remember Bo? The one that got the 3D printer for Hiro? Yeah! She made a cameo in this chapter! I don't know if you guys ever found out but we went to the hospital and they told us the baby's gender and it is a GIRL! Luke was betting it was a boy and he now owes me twenty dollars >:) HAHAHA! I YO FACE LUKE! I am SO evil. With all of my twin drama aside, how do you like this chapter? Do you like The Dork & The Daydreamer so far? Please vote and comment to tell me how you like it, if you want updates for when I post just click the follow button on my page! Later muffins!