His Butler, Imprisoned

Start from the beginning

That was the last of Ash, as the three of you showed him out and you watched as his carriage headed down the road, taking him further away from the manor. 'Well it's nice to see him leave,' you thought, sighing before closing the door to the manor and turning to face Ciel. "So I'm assuming that we'll be heading to the docks?" You asked him.

"Correct." Without having to say anything, Sebastian bowed down to Ciel, before heading out of the manor to fetch the carriage. Ciel didn't say anything about this simply turning his attention back to you, as his grim expression dropped off his face to be replaced by a worrisome one. "How have you've been feeling (Y/N)?"

"A lot better than I was a few weeks ago," you gently told him, giving him a small smile to show him that things were better than they had previously been. "I think that I can say that it's thanks to everyone here at the manor and my other friends as well. Thanks to you guys, things have gotten better." You grabbed his hand, pulling you towards him and wrapped your arms around him in a hug. Ciel made a small noise in surprise before he returned the gesture. "Thank you as well Ciel, for always being by my side when I'm at my lowest."

"Of course (Y/N). After all that you've done, I'll always be there for you." He pulled away from you, giving you a reassuring smile. "Now are you okay with heading out of the manor?" He knew that you had been previously uncomfortable with leaving the manor thus why you would hole yourself up in the manor and rarely leave. You hadn't been comfortable being around crowds of people, and had rather stay with the few close people that you knew.

"I'll be fine Ciel. Going away from the manor shouldn't be too difficult for me now," you informed him, finding yourself more comfortable with leaving from the manor. The unease that you had felt previously had left you.

"We should start heading then. I'm sure Sebastian has already brought the carriage around by now." He held his hand out to your surprise, but you gladly took it, letting him lead you outside the manor to the carriage that awaited. "We should stay focus on this newest case." He sighed while he helped you into the carriage, soon ordering Sebastian to drive. "I fear that there is going to be a lot of trouble with it."

The smell of sea water was heavy from where you walked with Ciel and Sebastian near the docks, the cries of seagulls resonating through the air followed by the crashing of the waves on the steep rocks below. A crowd had swarmed to the side of the dock, Scotland Yard inspectors gathered near the front of the crowd and you noticed that was the one near the body.

"That won't be necessary!" Ciel declared, responding to a remark making the inspectors glance over to where you stood with Ciel and Sebastian. "We know his identity. His name is John Stanley. Sebastian has the rest of his information." Sebastian headed over to the Scotland Yard inspectors handing over the envelope of John Stanley over to them. You watched as Inspector Arthur took the envelope from Sebastian taking out the papers that was stored in them.

"And what is your interest in this?" Arthur asked reading over the papers.

"Doing my civic duty and cooperating with the police," Ciel answered. "Isn't that what you always told me to do Sir Arthur?"

"Spare me the noble proclamation," Arthur stated, glancing up from the papers to look at Ciel with an irritated look on his face. "What is it that you want with this case? Out with it Phantomhive."

"If you prefer it that way, I'm happy to oblige. I need to see any belongings left on the victim," Ciel answered. Your gaze drifted down to the body, noticing that it was covered with a drape, preventing the public from seeing the state of the body. The public was held back by other inspectors of the Yard, preventing them from getting anywhere closer to the investigation site.

Is This Fate or Misfortune?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara