Songstress Marissa X Reader

.

.

.

The blond haired butterfly slowly ran the brush through her hair, making sure it was smooth but not frizzy. She gently put the brush down on the table and then looked at herself in the mirror. She sighed, and looked down after a second.

Marissa was preparing for a performance coming up. But, she didn't feel like singing, like she normally did. Her girlfriend, Y/N was out of town and wasn't supposed to come home for a few days. Usually, Y/N would sit in the front row and cheer the loudest when her performances were done and then come up stage and kiss her right after the curtain came down.

But it turned out that she wouldn't be there for this one. She was doing business with some officials and had said she would be back soon, but not soon enough for her performance. Marissa heaved a sigh again and then looked back up. "I need to get over this... it's just one performance! Right?"

She heard a light knock on her door. A silver and black mantis peaked her head through. "Miss? It's almost time." Marissa shooed her away. "Yes, I know Inky. You're excused." Inky bobbed her head and then disappeared again.

Marissa took one last glance at the mirror before shaking her head slightly and getting, brushing off her sparkling pink dress. She pulled open her door and walked out past her helpers and makeover artists and such towards the stage.

The curtains were still drawn, as Marissa took a deep breath and stared straight ahead, trying hard to clear any emotions of sadness whatsoever.

And the curtains then drew up, Inky pulling them with her long talons, and Marissa stared out into the crowd. And gasped when she saw Y/N. There, sitting in the first row with a bouquet of flowers in her B̷͔̍ṵ̴̑g̷͕̋ ̶̹̀h̷͓̅ḁ̶̈́n̴̓ͅd̶̉͜s̶̞͠

Marissa luckily held in her gasp of relief as Y/N grinned and held a thumbs up at her. She cast Y/N a loving look and then opened her mouth and started to sing.

════ ∘◦ᵒ -Time Skip Brought To You By Ramen Noodle Bc They're Tasty- ᵒ◦∘ ════

Marissa finished with a grand note and saw out of the corner of her eye, Inky pull down on the rope to the curtains and they slowly closed. However, just before they completely shut off her gaze from the audience, she saw Y/N get up and dash away out of her seat.

Marissa smiled widely to herself and then turned around just as Y/N battled into her, attacking her with kisses. Marissa squealed and hugged her tightly. Inky-Chan quietly wrote down more yuri fanfics, scheming evily.

After a few seconds, Y/N stopped the kisses and lovingly looked at Marissa, stroking her long, blonde hair. Marissa giggled and then tired to put on a serious face. "W-why didn't you tell me you were gonna be back early?" She failed at being serious and let a smile slip back on her face.

Y/N shrugged. "I wanted it to be a surprise." She glanced down at the flowers, seeming to remember they were still there. "Oh by the way, I got these for you." Marissa looked down at them lovingly as she took them from her girlfriends h n a s d

"Thank you..." She whispered, smelling them. The songstress glanced up at her girlfriend again and then dropped the flowers, hugging her and kissing her forehead. "I'm just so glad you're here..."

Y/N chuckled and ran her fingers (iF bUg hANdS haVe fIngErS- iF bUgs HavE hANdS-) through Marissa's silky hair. "Well, I'm here now and I plan to stay." Marissa squeezes her body a little harder, smiling.

"Good." She whispered and then straightened herself, taking her girlfriends *chokes on noodles* hands. "Now come with me, I want to show you some new song ideas I came up with while you were gone!"

Y/N blushed and smiled and then she and Marissa ran off the stage to Marissas room, leaving Inky-Chan to write yuri by herself.

.

.

.