Chapter 20

Kerryn's POV

'Go away.' I told the guy, my hands were on my hips, my head tilted, I was smirking as much as I possibly could, 'how the hell can you think even for a second that I, Kerryn Stone, am an angel?'
'Because, you tried to die but didn't.'
I thought about it, 'I'm a ghost then. There, you're also a ghost... in denial. And you and I are supposed to find our ways to the spirit world.'
The guy shook his head sadly, 'no, Kerryn, I'm here to help you.'
'Why?'
'Because I am your guardian.'
'Wait- so you aren't an angel either?'
The man stared at me for a second, thought, then shook his head.
'Hah!' I laughed. 'Then I outrank you, right? I'm higher than you! I'm an angel!'
'I thought you said you weren't?'
I stopped, yeah, I did say that, 'you're right, I'm not an angel, you just think I am, silly ghost. Now help me get this stupid bitch away from my mate.'
'He is not your mate anymore, Kerryn, the bond is lost, can you not feel it?'
'Bond or not, I've waited seven years for him and-'
'You do not look like you have aged, Kerryn.'
'Well, yeah, werewolves do age slower but you can definately see some form of aging happening here, right?'
'No Kerryn, angels stop the aging process at sixteen, then when they die they enter the process of becoming fully fledged angels.'
'Do I get wings?'
'No, real angels need no feathers to fly.'
'Huh.' I said, 'well, can you at least help me- talk to my mate? Please? I promise, just let me talk to him for a- five minutes and then I'll go wherever you want me to go.'
'Kerryn... it's not that simple, I was sent here to protect you, the prophets back home predicted the requirement of angel blood, here in Africa.'
'What?'
'Angels are supposed to be... giving creatures, so when a human requires something, the angel must to everything in their power to give it to them... your dearest Blake, needs angel blood, giving him this will stain you, heavily, and you will never fly, never help again, your pure white skin will turn grey, your hair will fall off, your eyes will see only darkness... you will become a demon, or you call them Alliphilates.'
Alliphilates... the same things that killed Kori back home...
'I'll become that?' I ask.
He nods.
'Wow, guess I better be careful then.'
I turn away from him and turn back to the forest.
'Don't you want to know my name?' He calls after me.
'Sure!' I yell, turning back.
'It's Jonathan!'
Jonathan, I think to myself, I keep on going. I know what is here, pain, and I want no part of it.

___________

Thank you for reading! Remember to...
LIKE

COMMENT
 And thank you all for all of the reads on this story, I never expected it to get so many, we're nearly at 1000 votes!!! AAAHH!!!!

Thank you all, so, so, so much, remember to comment any suggestions you have for the story, if you want a shout out, pm me ^-^