Chapter 18

Kerryns P.O.V

The girl... the bloodsucker... the vampire... was talking to Blake. Fury boiled up inside me, I felt like a kettle. But still, the girl, Veressa... how can Blake be so calm and collected? HIS MATE IS DEAD. I DIED! AND HE FEELS NOTHING. I felt like crying, which I would if ghosts could cry.

I could scream, I screamed and screamed but all I got out were unnoticable chills and smalls gusts of winds... nothing that could get the Alpha to see his mate ghost right behind him...

But he's forgotten me it seems... he doesn't even talk about me, or acknowledge that I ever existed at all... in fact, he's kind of treating Veressa like I imagined he would treat me.

He invited her into Camp, it was empty, so I guess a lot are over on the east side gathering forces, that talked and ate lunch, then Blake started asking about the vampires...

They're all lies.

All of it.

She's a lying bloodsucker, crossbreed or not, it's who she is.

But why can't Blake see that...

Why??

I sat next to her and looked her up and down. Long hair, mesmerising eyes... the bone structure on her face could cut you she was so thin.

'Don't trust her.' I kept on telling Blake, of course, he couldn't hear me. But I wouldn't stop and I wouldn't leave. He is my mate, I may not feel the bond, he may not remember me... but nothing changes anything. I will protect him with my life.

I'm dead, I just want to make sure he doesn't die anytime soon.

Eventually, they're just talking. Veressa tells him about her home inside Italy, blah, blah, blah.

'Have fun you two,' I say, then I exit the tent, shivering internally as I glide through the fabric.

I swear I'll never get used to it.

'Hello.'

I turn and see someone, a boy, he's my height, blonde, blue eyed, snow white skin. I turn around then snap my gaze back... is he looking at me.

'Um...' I go towards him, 'you can... see me?'

The boy laughed. I feel a chill, not a cold one, a warm one. His laugh sounded like bells. 'Of course, my lady.' He bowed.

I take a step back... a gentleman?

'Are- you a ghost?' I ask.

He raises an eyebrow. 'Ghosts do not exist, Kerryn Stone.'

'How do you know my name?' I ask.

He laughs again. 'I know a lot of things, and I also know that you are no ghost, my ladybird.'

Ignoring the compliment, I retort, 'then what, may I ask, am I?'

Then he laughs, seriously, it's so adorable that it's annoying, 'You're an angel, Kerryn.'