Episode Thirteen: There(pt. 3)

Start from the beginning

Goat and Michael, who were hiding behind the wall, exchanged brief glances at each other. Goat readied his pistol while taking a deep quiet sigh. He scooched closer to the doorway to the room.

"Ah, yes. Perfect age to go through trauma," Jeckles replied with a chuckle. "I wonder how much Louis still remembers his mother's death."

"He remembers quite enough," McWinkle growled while stepping further into the room. "Let them go!"

Goat drew in his breath and exhaled slowly.

"Not unless you--"

Goat leaned around the corner, having his gun aimed at Jeckles's head. He pulled the trigger, letting the bullet crashed into the villain's skull.

"Yes! Right in the head!" Goat cheered while the weeds loosened the hold around Louis and Gluntz. Michael stepped into the room and cut the weeds away from Gluntz while helping her up on her feet.

"Are you guys okay?" McWinkle asked both Louis and Gluntz with concern while pulling Louis from the weeds.

"Dad?" Louis called out, trying to gain consciousness.

"Son?" McWinkle uttered while helping Louis upon his feet.

"We have to run," Louis warned his father, looking up desperately.

"Run? Jeckles was already shot, amigo," Goat responded, his tone cocky. "I shot him in the head in case--"

The group in the room heard someone groaning while they whipped their gazes at Jeckles, who slowly stood up to his feet and recovered from the gunshot wound on the head. Jeckles stood upright while caressing his finger on the spot where Goat shot him with a wicked grin.

"Nice shot, Goat. Apparently, you just wasted a bullet," Jeckles responded with a chuckle.

~.~

Jean saw what Jeckles was capable of sooner than Goat, Michael, and McWinkle. He had been trying that fake walkie-talkie trick with his paw but neither Sam or Goat responded. He did notice through the other monitors that Goat's hoofs were full from holding the pistol and Sam was busy talking to Guy. He also knew that Sam wouldn't understand a thing he would say at this point.

"What do we do?!" Cosette shouted in panic, witnessing the phenomenon along with her daughter, Fawn.

"I don't know, my love," Jean uttered his words.

Fawn perked her small round ears to notice something growing within the walls around them. She shifted her attention to the weeds slowly crawling beside her parents. Before she could warn them, they already have their ears perked as well. Jean and Cosette turned their heads to notice the weeds slowly extending towards them. The blue mouse shot a panicked gaze at the monitor that watched the room with Jeckles, Louis, Gluntz, McWinkle, Michael, and Goat in it. His eyes bulged out when he noticed Jeckles glaring at the camera watching him, staring back at the mouse.

"Run...Run!" Jean shouted with fear in his voice. Before he could move, something grabbed his ankle and lifted him up the desk.

"Jean!" Cosette screamed out her husband's name and ran towards the vine holding him to help.

"No, Cosette!" Jean yelled while his wife charged at the vine and bit it for it to let go of Jean. But another vine swiped at the woman mouse in the gut, flinging her off the desk. Fawn stood there idly while her eyes trembled in fear. Jean noticed his daughter shaking with fear.

"Run, Fawn! Run!" Jean demanded loudly.

Fawn noticed the vines about to attack her as she dodged them and rushed out of the room through the vents. She kept going, not looking back as instructed by her parents earlier. She finally got out of the vents and bolted through the sewer hallways where she noticed Michellee holding E.B. in her arms ahead of her near the open doorway of the exit. She knew she had to tell them something but...would they understand her?