Episode Ten: House(pt. 1)

*Hey guys! I'm back with another chapter. We are about a quarter away until the end of the story. Yes, the story is going to end eventually but--I'm considering writing more for this fandom or write a season three where there will be the Cat in the Hat, Grinch, and The Lorax. I already have ideas for those. Anyways, the next part will come out today and the next episode will come out next weekend. If I can get it done during school. LOL! So, I hope you all have a blessed day and the intro song will always be One Foot by Walk the Moon. Enjoy! By the way, this is published on February 15, 2020.*

Dave knocked on the door to the huge white house in Stovepipe Junction with barred windows, looking up eagerly. Sam stood next to Dave, his gaze kept flickering back at the group behind them. Goat, Gluntz, Louis, and Michael stood next to each other in front of McWinkle, Michellee, and E.B. McWinkle carried passed out Guy over his shoulder and Jean and his family stood on Michael's shoulder, hearing light footsteps from the other side of the door. Michellee turned to check to see if Guy was okay and then shifted her gaze back at the door. When she checked in on E.B, who's holding her hand, her daughter stared at Guy, tears taking over her eyes. McWinkle noticed this too while he turned his head slightly to look at E.B.

"Is Guy going to be okay?" E.B. spoke to McWinkle, concern taking over her voice.

McWinkle gave her a reassuring smile. "He'll be okay. He'll wake back up soon."

Michellee nodded her head in agreement while holding her daughter's hand tightly. She looked around the town to find something to take her daughter's concerns away from the current situation they were in. "It's a nice looking place. Expensive to live in."

Goat overheard the conversation from behind him while nodding his head in agreement. "Yep, this is where the rich kids live."

"I don't know if I can even fit in here," Michael replied with a shrug, standing next to Goat.

"I don't think any of us would fit in here," Jean whispered to Michael.

The group suddenly heard the locks clicking and the door swung open. They noticed a short woman with dark purplish fur and ears. She smiled brightly to see Dave first.

"Dave!" The woman greeted while hugging Dave.

Dave wrapped his strong arms around his mother tightly with a light-hearted laugh. "Aw, Ma!"

Sam smiled when he watched Karen and Dave hugged each other tightly. Though he frowned when he thought back about his mother, wondering if she'll have the same reaction as Karen when she saw her son again.

"Karen!" Gluntz squeaked excitedly and strode through the group to hug Karen.

The woman, Karen, chuckled at Gluntz's excitement to see her while hugging her back. "Hey, Gluntz, right?"

Gluntz grinned widely while standing upright and her arms behind her back. "Sure am."

"Where's your big scary partner--?" Karen immediately widened her eyes as soon as she noticed McWinkle carrying passed out Guy, her other son, over his shoulder. "What happened to him?!"

"Mrs. Am I, we're sorry to barge in like this...but we need someplace to hide for a few days," McWinkle informed calmly before Karen began to be concerned about Guy's health.

"Does Guy need to go to the hospital or--?" Karen trailed off.

"He's fine...he's just been drugged and he had to stay in bed for a few days. Do you think you could help us and hide us for a few days?" McWinkle asked.

Karen looked at the group with a soft gaze. "It's from those assassins...isn't it?"

McWinkle raised his brow with pure confusion. "How did you know--?"