Episode Eight: Rain(pt. 2)

*Hey guys! The next episode will come out next week. This is published on February 1, 2020. 

Sam sat on his reeky bed alone, staring blankly out of the window that revealed harsh rain coming down on Fullsome. His thoughts were like race cars zooming around the race tracks. He thought about Guy, he thought about his former boss, he thought about his friends who were here with him. He shivered a bit while hugging his doll version of Guy tightly. He heard the door creaked open but he didn't bother to look behind him.

"Sam," A familiar female voice called his name gently.

Sam turned his head and smiled in relief to see Michellee entering his room. "Michellee."

Michellee sat on the bed next to him and stared out into the rain. She wore a grieving frown but that faded away when she saw Sam holding the doll version of Guy.

Sam flicked a glance at her and suddenly became embarrassed when he noticed Michellee seeing the doll of Guy, tears suddenly edged out of his eyes. "Um...it's not what you think."

Michellee frowned a bit more to see Sam like this. "You miss him too?"

Sam sighed while gazing back out of the window. "He's the first friend I ever made in my entire life...my only true friend...and I can't imagine a life without him."

"I can't either." Michellee shook her head while scooching closer to Sam.

"Where's E.B?"

"She went into the room with McWinkle, Dave, and Gluntz. I don't trust this town enough to leave E.B. in that room by herself. You shouldn't have to be in the room by yourself either."

Sam smiled sweetly at her. "Yeah...it's fine. I know you guys will be next door if I need any help."

Michellee exchanged a smile back. "Yeah. Still though."

Sam nodded his head in understanding while sighing deeply. "It's okay...I'm used to being alone. I hate it...but...I'm used to it."

"That's a hard thing to get used to."

"No. Not really."

Michellee widened her eyes to remember about Sam being an orphan. "Oh...right."

Sam looked down at his Guy doll and smiled. "It's not hard to get used to it until I met Guy...when I met Guy, it's like everything changed. I mean...if I haven't walked up to talk to him, both he and I wouldn't have changed. He wouldn't fall in love with you...he wouldn't even have the guts to try something. And if I haven't talked to him...I would've been stuck being a criminal and be alone...forever. So, in a way, I guess we both change each other. But now, without him...I'm alone again."

Michellee shook her head and put her gentle hands on his small shoulders. "No, Sam. You're not alone."

Sam's soft smile grew a bit bigger and he gazed into her eyes. "Really?"

"Of course." Michellee hugged Sam, which shocked him for a moment.

But, without control, Sam began to let out his tears onto Michellee's purple sweater and she didn't even mind.

Sam embraced Michellee tightly, knowing that right now, she's the only thing he can hold that was real. This was the third time where he didn't feel like he's going through everything alone. Guy comforted him first, then E.B, and now Michellee.

"It's going to be okay, Sam," Michellee whispered softly and comforting.

Sam smiled through the tears. "Thank you, Michellee."