Episode Thirteen: There(pt. 1)

*My upload schedule will be wonky. So, the next part might come out tomorrow or the next day. Thank you all for supporting this fanfic. This is the second to last episode of Green Eggs and Ham Season Two and more will be coming. If you like this part, please give this a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you all think. Hopefully, you'll have the next part tomorrow. Enjoy!*

The light suddenly flipped on, shining down on both Louis and Gluntz, who were tied up back to back while sitting on the wooden chairs. Louis blinked his eyes open with a groan while noticing himself being tied up with Gluntz.

"Gluntz," Louis whispered softly. "Gluntz, wake up."

Gluntz fluttered her eyes open with a moan and lifted her head up. She widened her eyes a bit while struggling in her bonds. "Wha-What? Where are we?"

"I don't know...we're just kidnapped," Louis uttered calmly, almost like he's been through this before.

Gluntz growled while rattling her body wildly to get out of her bonds.

"Fighting it won't work...there has to be another way," Louis replied, noticing that she's not calm at all.

Gluntz suddenly let her body rest on the thick ropes tied around her waist and chest while panting from struggling to harshly. "Oh man, I don't want to die...I know I act like I'm not afraid of dying but--I-I don't want to die. Ugh, man, now I'm acting like a scardy cat."

"I don't blame you," Louis responded gently. "You're human. As a human, you're afraid of dying. That's all of us."

"But...you don't seem afraid," Gluntz muttered, with a tear streaming down on her cheek.

Louis frowned while staring ahead of him. "It takes time to get used to it. One minute you're alive and then the next moment, you're on the verge of death. It's scary but it's only scary for the first few times. If people keep kidnapping you for who-knows-what reason, you get used to it. Just takes time...a lot of time."

Gluntz sighed a bit, staring ahead of her.

Louis noticed her sigh and exhaled. "I was afraid like you when I faced death for the first time in my life."

Gluntz gazed over her shoulder softly at Louis. "How long ago was that?"

Louis stared down at the floor, having immediate flashbacks about when he's ten. When he had to fight that assassin, the one who was going to kill him but killed his mother instead because she sacrificed her own life for her son.

Louis's eyes trembled with a sigh. "I was ten when I faced death for the first time. There's a break-in...an assassin and my mother was fighting with each other. I stepped in and tackled the assassin. I couldn't stand in the corner and watch my own mother fight with that man. Heh, the first time I ever had someone pointing a gun to my face was when I was young. That man pulled the trigger and I could've been dead if it wasn't for my mother jumping in front of me. He killed her instead of me. Luckily, Dad was right around the corner when he heard me screaming for her. Before Dad got in the house, the man just disappeared--almost like he knew my dad was right nearby. We called the ambulance and everything we're supposed to do but...they were too late to save her. By the time she arrived at the hospital...she died."

Louis bit his bottom lip, keeping himself from breaking down sobbing. He breathed in. "I thought that it was my fault that my mother died. If it weren't for me...she wouldn't have to sacrifice her life for me."

Gluntz's lips trembled while reaching her index finger towards Louis's palm and brushed it gently since they're tied closely together. "It's not your fault. Your mother sacrificed herself for you because she loves you. That's what parents do for their kids. At least that's what parents should do for their kids. You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened to her. I'm sorry that you and McWinkle had to go through that. I bet it hurts to think about her."