Chapter 29

Astrid

My eyes flicked to Henrik's brown ones. His chin was swollen and had old blood crusted around his deep cut that would most likely scar. My poor man.

Ryder placed his hand on the small of my back, my steady support.

"I owe every single one of you an apology." I sighed

"Grapes, you don't have to do-" Ryder started by I cut him off.

"No, I need to do this. Just let me talk." I deadpanned, though I smiled at the nickname for the hundredth time.

I suppose I should explain why he calls me Grapes.

~~~~~~

Three years ago, The first day of (Freshman) Hockey Practice.

Astrid

Despite the extremely awkward interaction I just had with the student athletic trainer, I took a steadying breath. Hoping that the practice isn't as horrible as it's been so far.

I leaned over and peered into my hockey bag. I frowned as I spotted grapes. Oh, so you can pack grapes before practice but not tampons? What kinda chick are you... I scolded myself but couldn't resist picking up the Ziploc bag filled with fresh grapes.

I opened the bag and started popping the little balls into my mouth, one by one.

My eyes drifted around the locker room as I snacked, which was nearly empty. Another freshman sat on the other side of the locker room. Their light green eyes watched me with curiosity.

"What's your name?" The brunette spoke with a deeply accented voice. Definitely British.

"As-Aiden." I stuttered but recovered nicely. "Yours?"

"Bentley." He smiled as yelling and laughter could be heard from the hallway. "Here comes the other freshman." Bentley sighed as he leaned back in his cubby and popped in his earbuds.

I think I like this guy. I smirked at his introverted personality.

The locker room busted open, two guys carrying a loudspeaker blasting Party in the USA, were the first to enter.

I should've braced myself for what was to come.

What happened next is a once-in-a-lifetime sighting.

Rolling in on a Razor Scooter, freshman rookie, Ryder Skogmit made his permanent entrance into the team. Wearing only a banana hammock and a unicorn helmet, while screaming "We put our hands up they're playing my song," at the top of his lungs.

Completely scared and shocked by the sight, a grape rolled down my throat incorrectly causing me to choke.

And that's how I was introduced to the team, passing out on the floor because I literally choked on a grape...

Thereby earning me the title Grapes, which only Ryder calls me to this day.

~~~~~~

I smiled at the memory before remembering why I was here. Ryder Skogmit was a party animal back in the day... What three years of College does to people never ceases to amaze me.

Starting off with Luka I met his blue eyes.

"Luka." I took a steadying breath. "I'm sorry for scaring you yesterday by whatever breakdown I had in the room." I watched as sympathy crossed Luka's face.

"Ash," He shook his head. "There's no need to apologize... I understand."

Next, I turned to the twins.