Chapter 25

Authors Note: Enjoy this extra-long chapter. Fair warning, it is a tad bit sad, but it's a necessary evil. Please just stick with me. Things will get better. Safe Readings!
~~~~~~

Astrid

Four long days later full of doctor's appointments, Constant reassurance that I'm indeed okay, and loads of sleeping, I finally found myself traveling with the team to our away games.

And although the doctor appointments may have been grueling, a huge part of me was glad that I went to them. My GP was able to confirm that my mass is getting smaller and it, luckily, isn't spreading. And thanks to a "few" tests, we discovered the mass is, in fact, not cancerous. Though we, my main doctor, Doc, Luka, a throat doctor specialist, and I decided that it be best if I get the mass removed so it doesn't cause problems with my airway. Which will be happening in the future, hopefully after hockey season ends.

So a very long-winded (pun intended) four days later, I'm feeling good about my health for once. I was able to practice three days this week and had zero problems, thankfully.

So now I sit on a bus, full of my teammates, singing "country roads" and excited about our game tomorrow.

Once our beautiful rendition came to a close everyone started clapping and cheering.

"That was wonderful." I smiled at Bentley, who happened to be sitting next to me.

"And loud." Ryder cringed in his seat behind me.

I turned and glared lightly at the party-pooper.

"Butt on the seat, Darling." Henrik scolded from his spot next to Ryder.

"Butttt then I can't see you two." I drug out the word and even threw in a lip quiver.

Henrik rolled his eyes at my behavior.

"Someone's in a good mood," Luka said from his seat across the aisle.

"Of course I'm in a good mood. I get to play some hockey tomorrow!" I fell back into my seat, properly. "May I remind you all that I haven't played a game since my ribs decided to try and pop my lungs like balloons."

I said it lightheartedly, but Luka's answering frown made me huff. "Too soon, I guess." I crossed my arms and kicked my legs, accidentally bumping the seat in front of me for like the millionth time.

"Cutie, I swear on my grave, if you kick my seat one more time-" Colten turned slightly in his seat and threatened me.

A few deep chuckles rang out around me as I slowly and deliberately retracted my legs, bringing my knees to my chest.

I pouted at Colten's stern face. "Sorry Colt."

His face immediately fell. "No worries. Just stop kicking my chair, it happens to move his chair too, and I worry for your safety if you accidentally wake him up." Colten jabbed a thumb at his sleeping twin.  Corey had his head resting against the window and he was snoring away.

How had he slept through "Country Roads" AND "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy"? I wondered slightly if Corey was even still alive. We even sang "I Knew You Were Trouble" louder than usual.

"You might want to check his pulse," I said worriedly. Colten just shook his head and turned back around in his seat.

Bentley chuckled at something on his phone, which brought my attention away from watching to see if I could witness Corey breathing.

My eyes flicked over to Bentley's phone, where I saw him watching old vines.

"Mind if I-?" I asked Bentley politely.